Remotes

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HPDeskjet
Level 9

Streaming Stick 4K (2021 model): After system restart via on-screen menu, remote refuses to pair.

If I carry out a system restart via the GUI on-screen menu the streaming stick always loses its connection with the streaming stick and fails to automatically pair after rebooting. On restarting the stick again, after having removed it from the power and the batteries from the remote, it also fails to pair during the startup proces.  Even when I put the batteries in and press the pair button on the remote during reboot the remote fails to pair.  When holding the remote next to the streaming stick during reboot it also does not pair.

The only method to get this highly irritating problem resolved is to carry out a full factory reset of the Streaming Stick 4K (2021 Dolby Vision compatible model).

A simple restart of the stick via the on-screen menu should not result in the stick refusing to automatically pair with the remote on reboot and a factory rest having to be carried out every time to get everything working again. Why is this happening?  Is it thanks to Roku's bad software?  What is the fix for this problem?

I can only say that the Roku Streaming Stick 4K (2021 Dolby Vision compatible model) has turned out to be the most unreliable, badly supported and amateur piece of kit that I have ever bought.  The lack of any serious support from Roku to help those trying to use its sub-standard products is utterly stunning. I have never come across such total lack of customer service/ support from any company I have dealt with,  Roku really seem to be a 'take the money and run' company, which is no way interested in helping customers that are experiencing constant technical issues with Roku's badly designed and inferior products.

0 Kudos