Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r1efer

Stock Roku remote opening apps on random button presses - Roku Ultra - 4660X

Jump to solution

When pressing ANY button on the Roku remote (usually occur with back arrow, direction, OK and play/pause because of frequent usage), the Roku will sometimes exit the current app and either launch a different app, usually one of the 4 premapped shortcut buttons: Netflix, Sling, Hulu, CBS. But not always, because it sometimes has launched Roku channel, the advertised content on the side or some other app.

Power cycling and factory reset have not fixed this problem. Does anyone else have this issue, or a possible fix?

Another unrelated problem is the remote absolutely sucking the power out of the batteries, requiring frequent replacement. But I chalk that up to being the remotes functionality.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Stock Roku remote opening apps on random button presses - Roku Ultra - 4660X

Jump to solution

It sounds like your remote is faulty.  Try using the app on your phone as a remote and if the problem goes away then you'll know it's your remote.  Any of the current remotes and a lot of universal remotes will work with your Ultra.

Roku Mobile App - Free for iOS® or Android™ | Roku

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Stock Roku remote opening apps on random button presses - Roku Ultra - 4660X

Jump to solution

It sounds like your remote is faulty.  Try using the app on your phone as a remote and if the problem goes away then you'll know it's your remote.  Any of the current remotes and a lot of universal remotes will work with your Ultra.

Roku Mobile App - Free for iOS® or Android™ | Roku

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos