Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmcnaul

Sound comes from the remote rather than through the earphones

There were a couple of posts some time ago, but nothing recent.  It seems pretty rare.  I am trying to use the wired earphones that came with the Roku.  I have watched the video and read the instructions in which all I have to do is plug in the earphones.  I have checked many times to be sure the plug is completely in the jack.  I am not trying to use Bluetooth or WiFi.  The headphones appear on the screen when I plug them in, but the sound comes out of the remote, sounding like a small speaker inside.  The volume controls are effective in raising and lowering the volume.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Sound comes from the remote rather than through the earphones

Hi @jmcnaul,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and we certainly will assist you with this. May we know if you're using the Roku Voice Remote Pro for the private listening feature or the remote through the Roku mobile app? Additionally, have you tried a different set of earphones to see if it works?

Please keep us posted so we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I have the same issue with the Roku Remote Pro and headphones that came with the Roku Ultra 2022.   I've tried other headphones and once I plug them in the TV sound comes through the little speaker on the remote but not the headphones.

The same Roku headphones work correctly on another Roku Ultra 2022 remote from another room.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos

Just figured it out thanks to another post...

I had to press the find remote button. Afterwards the headphones worked as expected when plugged in.