Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JML3

Simple remote not pairing anymore

Hi good morning I have a Roku Streaming stick, but my remote is not working  at all,  I was using the roku app but  decided to reset the device and now I can't get pass the screen that shows me to pair the device, I have tried everything mention online with no success, pairing doesn't work anymore.

Serial number is 2LD594105214 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Simple remote not pairing anymore

A simple remote is IR only remote, no Roku Stick can be controlled with an IR remote. It has to be  wifi Roku remote. If it Roku 3600 or 3800 sticks than repair it to the Roku. Newer Sticks like the 3810, 3820 or 3821 have to have the original usb cable with bump in it. This bump is long-range wireless receiver which wifi actually communicates with. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Simple remote not pairing anymore

Greetings from the Roku Community, @JML3!

We appreciate you reaching out for support about your Roku remote. We'd be happy to provide further information about this.

In addition to what our Roku remote/streaming expert provided above, please be informed that resetting your Roku streaming device will set you back to default settings, and you may need to re-link your Roku account and sign in on your channel subscriptions.

In order to perform all of this, you need to have your physical remote to set up your Roku device again. As we also check your device, it is no longer under warranty (Roku devices limited warranty and End User License Agreement). 

You can visit our website to look for available remote offers: Roku Remotes

We hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos