Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sthurmon
Reel Rookie

Simple Remote under warranty, no fix works. No way to talk to Roku.

Why is there no way to obtain new remote when all fixes fail and still under warranty? Why not give us a phone number or online chat robot or something? We need service but it's hard to obtain it the way your site is set up. We love the product, just help us out when we need it okay?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Simple Remote under warranty, no fix works. No way to talk to Roku.

Hi! @sthurmon,

A warm welcome from the Roku Community!

We are sorry to hear about the issue you reported and want to let you know that this is not the normal experience we expect from our products.

• May we know what specific issue that you are experiencing with your remote and the steps to reproduce the issue?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue?

If you need additional help, use this link: How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working

Please feel free to let us know if you need any additional assistance!

Best regards,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sthurmon
Reel Rookie

You name the fix for the simple remote for the Express Streaming Device and I have done it. Unplugged Roku, restart Roku, couldn't pair again but if you had ideas please tell me.  Removed/Replaced Batteries, New Batteries, no obstructions, router is in another room not interfering, cleaned remote sending area and Roku receiving area. This issue just began suddenly where the remote requires to be less than 2 feet from the Roku device (Express) and exactly pin pointing a certain tiny place for it to work. Any deviance of 1/10 of an inch from the perfect spot renders the remote useless. I most likely need a new remote. I've had a lot of Roku devices and upgrades for my 3 t.v.s. Nothing like this has ever happened before.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi! @sthurmon,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but will need more detailed information. Can you please provide us with your Roku device model and serial number (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)

Please keep us posted what you find out and will be more than happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos