Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smnelson03

Setting up new remote with headphones

Hello all. 
I am interested in purchasing a new remote that has headset capabilities. How do I set that up with my current Roku stick, and is it even possible to do so? 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Setting up new remote with headphones

The $30 Roku Voice Remote Pro has an earphone connection jack.  It is rechargeable and has two buttons that can be programmed to execute your choice of any of the supported voice commands.

Another alternative is to use the Roku remote app on an Android or iOS mobile device.  It has a remote listening function, playing through the mobile device's speakers or connected external speaker/headphone.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
gregger77
Streaming Star

Good info, Makalguy. BTW, do you know of any solution that would add a headphone capability for one TV watcher, but that does NOT cut-out the audio for all TV watchers in the room? 

That would be an excellent solution where one person in the room has a hearing issue, but the others do not.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@gregger77 wrote:

Good info, Makalguy. BTW, do you know of any solution that would add a headphone capability for one TV watcher, but that does NOT cut-out the audio for all TV watchers in the room? 

An oft-repeated request for which there is no current solution.

This capability existed once upon a time but was dropped and has been unavailable for some years now, so it's TV speakers or remote listening, but not both.  I agree its return would be a good thing.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
gregger77
Streaming Star

Thanks for confirming .... No solution for now. We can dream.

0 Kudos