Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up but no remote came with the tv

Son gave me a 50in TV but no remote, and I can't get my extra remote to connect to the TV. So I don't know what to do 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Set up but no remote came with the tv

@PopsNDiamond 

We're assuming it's a Roku TV.

You have three options for a remote. Two take a while and one can possibly be done today.

1. Contact the manufacturer for a replacement remote. I don't know the cost.
  2. Pick up a Roku Voice Remote ($20) from Walmart, Best Buy, or other retailers.
  3. Order a Roku Voice Remote online.

Go with option 2 if you can. You can often check the Websites of the respective retailers and search local stores for in-stock availability.

EDIT: Option 4 is listed in the following post.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Set up but no remote came with the tv

One more option for a Roku TV:

The TV manufacturer supplies the original direct line-of-sight infrared (IR) remote with the TV.   You may be able to find a Roku TV remote at a local store - Wal-Mart, Target, etc.  Be SURE it is for Roku TV, as they use a different IR command set than the separate Roku devices do.

Roku TVs from these manufacturers all respond to the same set of IR (infrared) commands and so can be used with remotes for any Roku TV in this group:
Element, Haier, Hitachi, Insignia, JVC, Magnavox, onn, Philips, RCA, Sanyo, TCL, Westinghouse.

Remotes from HiSense and Sharp can only be used with HiSense and Sharp Roku TVs because they issue a different set of IR commands.  Roku TVs from HiSense and Sharp themselves, though, support both sets of IR commands so they also be used with remotes from either of these two groups of manufactures.

(Thanks to @Tivoburkee for this info)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X