Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kayla1992
Reel Rookie

Says that I can’t connect the remote to control the power and volume

Jump to solution

I’ve done the process ten times on the tv and have gone through all of the support options that keeps leading me round andround  to the same pages and is giving me no help. The music never stops and then it just says “unable to connect try Roku/remote help…. I paid ON E HUNDRED dollars for this device…. My 15$ streaming stick let me control the volume so if this can’t be fixed, the Roku is going back. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Says that I can’t connect the remote to control the power and volume

Jump to solution

@Kayla1992 

When pairing Roku wifi remote like voice pro to true Roku TV, you do not need to program the Volume commands via separate operation like non-Roku tvs need. Because after pairing the voice remote to the Roku tv, the volume commands work already. The volume commands are controlled by wifi signals. Programming a Roku remote through settings is only for non- Roku tvs that are controlled via IR signals. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Kayla1992,

Thanks for the first post in the Roku Community!

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What Roku-model device are you using? What brand of TV are you using? Have you already tried re-pairing the remote on your TV? If so, which code or option did you use to pair your remote?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kayla1992
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It’s an element TV. I don’t even remember the exact model name it’s the more advanced option that comes with the rechargeable voice remote. The issue I was having that while pairing to the tv for volume and power control it kept failing and saying it was unable to do it. After I wrote this question I tried again the same way I tried 10 times before…. And did nothing different, but this time it worked! So I’m not sure what the issue was and why the initial process kept failing over and over. No idea what happened to make it work as I did nothing differently… but problem seems to be solved 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Kayla1992,

Thanks for the response!

We appreciate you giving us additional information on the issue you've been experiencing. We express our gratitude for your efforts and understanding in this matter, and we're happy to hear that the issue is already resolved.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you still see the problem occurring or if there is any further assistance we may provide for you.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Kayla1992 

When pairing Roku wifi remote like voice pro to true Roku TV, you do not need to program the Volume commands via separate operation like non-Roku tvs need. Because after pairing the voice remote to the Roku tv, the volume commands work already. The volume commands are controlled by wifi signals. Programming a Roku remote through settings is only for non- Roku tvs that are controlled via IR signals. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.