Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yellowfeather
Reel Rookie

Re: Samsung Tv won't stay off

Jump to solution

We are having the same exact problem with our Samsung QLED Q6F as well as a Samsung Q60T.  I've done the factory reset but we are still having problems.  Hopefully there will be an update soon to fix this issue.  

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@jrforbes31298 @brentwood @Yellowfeather -

Anynet+ is Samsung's name for the CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) feature.   Roku's CEC implementation is called "1-touch play", accessed by Roku menu path Settings > System > Control other devices.   See if disabling 1-touch play fixes the problem for you.

With 1-touch play disabled, you'll need to use the TV's remote to change to the HDMI port to which you have the Roku connected.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Yellowfeather
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you...I will give this a try later today.  

0 Kudos
Yellowfeather
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So I disabled 1-touch play but the problem still persists. TV still won't stay off. If I disable the Anynet I lose the Bose soundbar. I'll have to disconnect the Roku devices until we can figure this out. 

Any other suggestions?  I appreciate your help. 

jrforbes31298
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

1-touch was already off. Put it on just to try that. Same issue.  Thanks for the suggestion though.

0 Kudos
Mpowell473

Jump to solution

Having the exact same issue. Nothing works. Bought new Roku ultra and still does same thing. Dont need the roku w smart tv but like the convenience. Much like this guy, Im gng to hv to disconnect and start weening myself off roku entirely if there is not a fix soon. I hv a Q8 series samsung. All my other samsung tv’s work fine.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Mpowell473,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that your TV won't stay off with the Roku device. We would be more than happy to help you with this. Have you tried to connect your Roku device to another TV to see if you notice any difference? Also, how are you powering your device? Is it through a power outlet or directly connected to the TV's USB port?

Keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
QuinonesN
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same exact issue with 2 separate tvs, one Samsung the other is Vizio. This started somewhat recently, probably around May as reported by others. It has to be a roku issue since it is happening with 2 different TV brands. Very annoying that I can no longer use my sound bar without jumping through hoops to try and keep the TV off.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @QuinonesN,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for the additional information regarding this issue. We'd like to know more about this and see how we can get you up and running.

Could you tell us if you've already tried connecting your device to a different TV to see if you're still seeing the same issue occur? What are the steps to reproduce the issue?

What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve this?

With a better understanding of the issue here, we'll be able to further work on it.

Thanks!

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kidoodle

Jump to solution

Hello,

am having the very same issue with my Roku and Samsung QLED. We did not have this issue until we plugged in our Roku to the TVs HDMI port. Our TV is now turning on on its own multiple times throughout the day. Please advise on why this issue is occurring and how to fix it. 

0 Kudos