Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mja1945

[SOLVED] New Roku Voice Remote Pro 2nd Gen Won't Charge

Jump to solution

I setup the new remote to charge overnight using their cable.. The remote was still blinking in the morning. I uncabled it and it lost power in maybe 30 seconds. I tried again with my cable and charger that's  used daily for my phones and tablet. Same results. Amazon sent a replacement and I had the same issue.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: New Roku Voice Remote Pro 2nd Gen Won't Charge

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @mja1945!

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention and we'd like to suggest some troubleshooting steps to help you charge your Roku Voice Remote Pro (2nd Edition) effectively.

Before we proceed, can you please let us know if the remote functions when plugged into a power source? Nevertheless, kindly try to perform the following steps below to see if this will make any difference:

• Reset the remote: Press and Hold the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds.
  • Try to Re-Pair the remote (Only do this if there is a light when pressing buttons)
  • Kindly try to plug it into a different power source (directly or through a power strip) or a different power outlet.

In addition, we will send a direct message to assist you further with your remote issue and provide you with an accurate resolution. We'll be looking forward to your update!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @mja1945!

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention and we'd like to suggest some troubleshooting steps to help you charge your Roku Voice Remote Pro (2nd Edition) effectively.

Before we proceed, can you please let us know if the remote functions when plugged into a power source? Nevertheless, kindly try to perform the following steps below to see if this will make any difference:

• Reset the remote: Press and Hold the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds.
  • Try to Re-Pair the remote (Only do this if there is a light when pressing buttons)
  • Kindly try to plug it into a different power source (directly or through a power strip) or a different power outlet.

In addition, we will send a direct message to assist you further with your remote issue and provide you with an accurate resolution. We'll be looking forward to your update!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@mja1945  confirmed he was able to reset his remote and it is now charging. Closing thread but please open up a new thread if the issue comes back or for any other issue.

Thank you!

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.