Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blueyes67
Channel Surfer

Roku voice remote pro not working unless plugged in

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. Just got the voice remote pro for my Roku TV. I have paired it. It is fully charged. But won't control my TV unless it is plugged in. Works fine while plugged in. I unplugged it, it will work for a few seconds then stops controlling the TV. I plug it back in after a few seconds it will start controlling the TV. Unplug it same thing works for a few seconds then stops controlling the TV. I shouldn't have to keep it plugged in to work. Please help. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku voice remote pro not working unless plugged in

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We're checking in to see if any of you have encountered the following issues with your Roku Voice Remote Pro:

1. Will not charge
  2. Only powers on when plugged into an outlet
  3. Does not turn on or work
  4. Not holding a charge - This includes cases where the device loses charge within a day or two after being fully charged and unplugged.

If you've experienced any of these problems, here are some steps you can try:

• Test with different power outlets, micro USB cables, and USB chargers.
  • Reset the remote: Press and hold the Back/pairing button and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. For detailed instructions on how to reset the remote, you can refer to this support link: How to fix your Roku voice remote that is not working | Roku.

Note: We'll mark this post as solved for visibility and as a reference for other users.

If you continue to experience the issue, please inform us and provide any additional information that may assist our team in conducting a more detailed investigation. To improve our assistance, please include the serial number of your Roku device that is paired with your Roku Voice Remote Pro.

Thank you for being part of the Roku community and for supporting us. We appreciate your involvement and recognize the value you bring to our platform. We look forward to your continued participation.

Best regards,
Roku Community Team

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
36 REPLIES 36
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Need the power cord plugged in for it to work

Jump to solution

Hi @Blueyes67,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you sharing your concern with us. Rest assured that we'll help you with this. May we know how many hours you have charged your Roku Voice remote pro before using it? Also, are you seeing any battery icon appearing on your screen? If so, does it prompt a full battery icon? A full or empty battery icon indicates the status of your remote's battery.

Please keep us posted so we can proceed with the necessary actions to address this issue.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Blueyes67
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes I charged it and it said fully charged. I have even tried pairing again several times last night and as i am pairing it, it will work. Then after I have finished pairing it will work for a few seconds then stops. But as soon as I plug it back in and as long as it's plugged in it will work fine. I even went ahead and let it stay plugged in overnight and checked it again this morning before I left for work and still same thing. Unplugged it won't work. Plug it in and it works fine. Totally makes no sense.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for the response, @Blueyes67,

Could you send us a private message here in the Roku Community? We want to collect some information regarding this so we can proceed with the necessary actions.

To send a user a private message, click the icon beside the name, then proceed to visit the profile page. Then, click "Send this user a Private Message".

We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DMor16

Jump to solution

The same rhing is happening to me...left it plugged in for over  24hrs...as soon as its unplugged, nothing

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @DMor16,

Thanks for letting us know.

Please send us a PM here; we'd love to assist you with this one, but we'll need further details.

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Blueyes67
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuJanadeeK I sent a private message days ago as requested I am still waiting on a reply. But if this is going to be an ongoing issue and sounds like these remotes are junk if I'm not the only one have this problem, I was debating taking it back and just getting another one since no one seems to have a solution. But not if it's just going to happen in the next one. And sounds like it probably will. I even finally just contacted customer support through the chat twice and got completely different answers. I e told me that the remote wasn't working because my TV was a TCL and I needed a TCL remote. Yeah not. Since the site one tells me when I go to be remote page that it is compatible with my TV. And the compatibility chart on the site I found says it's compatible with ALL Roku TV models. Then another one finally just told me the software may be defective and to take it back. But sounds like the remotes themselves are defective. And I really don't want to return and get another one if I'm just going to have the same issue. 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Our sincerest apologies for this experience, @Blueyes67.

We haven't received any PMs from our end, as per checking. No worries; our appropriate Roku team will reach you instead. Kindly keep an eye out for your email inbox; instructions should be provided from there.

Kindly respond to the email sent to you if necessary.

Thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tlavoie87
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Also having the exact same issue any resolution yet?

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Tlavoie87,

Thanks for joining us here and we appreciate you for reaching out.

Could you tell us when did you start seeing this behavior happen? Have you tried charging it overnight and see if there are any differences?

Let us know more about this so that we can further look into it.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos