Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RoninFla
Reel Rookie

Roku voice remote for Roku 3000x stick?

Jump to solution

Does anyone know if a Roku voice remote can be paired with a Roku 3000x stick?  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku voice remote for Roku 3000x stick?

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @RoninFla!

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your inquiry about the Roku voice remote. We are happy to assist you! 

To answer your question, yes, you can pair any Roku voice remote with your Roku streaming stick. 

The process for pairing your Roku voice remote will vary depending on its type. For detailed instructions on how to pair your remote, please visit our support page here: How to set up and pair your Roku voice remote.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask here in the Roku community. We're here to help!

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@RoninFla-

First off.. Many people mistakenly call all Roku streamers "sticks".  Roku has specific models called "Streaming Sticks" that have a male HDMI plug at one end that can plug directly into the HDMI port on a TV without needing a cable. Everything else has a female HDMI port that requires a cable to connect to the TV's HDMI port.  To avoid confusion anything that is not actually a Streaming Stick should be referred to as Roku devices, streamers, or even units, instead of sticks.

The Roku 3000 is the Roku 2 HD, released in 2011, and is NOT a Streaming Stick.  This Voice Remote page contains a chart of which Roku models support a Voice remote:
https://support.roku.com/article/360010940514

But it's basically:
Roku Express/Express+ models 3900 or above.
Other Roku models. 3600 or above
All Roku TVs

Since 2019, the Roku 2 HD (3000) has been a legacy model that Roku no longer supports.  The last Roku operating system version that can be run on it is version 9.1 -- there have been 9 updates since then.  In addition there are a number of channel apps introduced or updated in the last five years that rely on features and capabilities added in later models and can't be run on a Roku 2 HD.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @RoninFla!

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your inquiry about the Roku voice remote. We are happy to assist you! 

To answer your question, yes, you can pair any Roku voice remote with your Roku streaming stick. 

The process for pairing your Roku voice remote will vary depending on its type. For detailed instructions on how to pair your remote, please visit our support page here: How to set up and pair your Roku voice remote.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask here in the Roku community. We're here to help!

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@RoninFla-

First off.. Many people mistakenly call all Roku streamers "sticks".  Roku has specific models called "Streaming Sticks" that have a male HDMI plug at one end that can plug directly into the HDMI port on a TV without needing a cable. Everything else has a female HDMI port that requires a cable to connect to the TV's HDMI port.  To avoid confusion anything that is not actually a Streaming Stick should be referred to as Roku devices, streamers, or even units, instead of sticks.

The Roku 3000 is the Roku 2 HD, released in 2011, and is NOT a Streaming Stick.  This Voice Remote page contains a chart of which Roku models support a Voice remote:
https://support.roku.com/article/360010940514

But it's basically:
Roku Express/Express+ models 3900 or above.
Other Roku models. 3600 or above
All Roku TVs

Since 2019, the Roku 2 HD (3000) has been a legacy model that Roku no longer supports.  The last Roku operating system version that can be run on it is version 9.1 -- there have been 9 updates since then.  In addition there are a number of channel apps introduced or updated in the last five years that rely on features and capabilities added in later models and can't be run on a Roku 2 HD.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

RoninFla
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you Makaiguy for your clarification and advice.  If I'm understanding your advice, my old Roku model 3000x "device" (although it looks like a stick, and it does have a HDMI male jack) will not support a voice control remote.  The main feature I really want is volume control with a mute button, and I have only seen those on voice remotes, so I may not be asking the right question.  Thanbs again.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

That certainly sounds like the description of a Streaming Stick model.

Are you sure the model number is 3000X?   There is a Streaming Stick with model number 3600 that could be mistaken for 3000.   Settings > System > About will show you model name and number, among other things.

atc98092

Jump to solution

And to follow on to what @makaiguy said, if you do have a Stick model, the model number must be 3600 or higher for the current voice remote to work. If it's a 3400 or 3500, the remote will NOT work. Unfortunately, those older model Stick players are no longer supported and will not work with the currently available remotes. 

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.