Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CM79
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku ultra rebooting and remote issues

I've been using the workaround documented in this thread for about 1 year now without a reboot.  The workaround of changing the audio settings to Stereo seems to work and you can connect the headphones with a problem. 

0 Kudos
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

@CM79 

That's good feedback regarding the Stereo setting workaround - you can/should always change it back to Auto/Passthrough when done using the headphones.

@Ddsmitty1 

Did you try the Stereo setting workaround that @StreamerUser suggested and @CM79 states works for them?

Just like @StreamerUser (interesting name), I cannot replicate this issue with my 4670 or 4800. 

If you are experiencing this issue you should contact Roku CS via the link @StreamerUser  provided previously, and message @RokuDanny-R  with your device/remotes info, including firmware version (for both device and remote)

Regardless, @RokuDanny-R  should follow up with the device/remote firmware engineers in regards to this issue.  

0 Kudos
Ddsmitty1
Channel Surfer

I’ll message DannyR asap. 
I’ll also give the workaround a shot, but the irritating thing about that is that it’s a workaround for an issue that’s a year old. It should’ve been fixed by now. 

0 Kudos
phredrock
Reel Rookie

Last night (or early this morning, around 2:30am) my elderly pup (almost 19) decided to remove his diaper and **bleep** all over his bedding. Exhausted after cleaning up, bathing the dog and struggling to get another diaper on the old boy, I laid back down, but was too ramped up to fall asleep. I turned on the TV and switched to the Roku, which of course, decided to hang every time I plugged in the earbuds. I tried replacing the batteries, reconnecting the remote, unplugged, pray to Moloch, voodoo orgy sacrifice,  blah blah blah.
When it decides to do this is extremely arbitrary, almost always  favoring the moments when I'm close to being close to homicidal with rage. I believe this is intentional. Anyway, last night (this morning) was the last straw, and the Roku Ultra is now in multiple pieces after several interactions with the heel of my boot. Luckily the old pupper was already passed out from his earlier adventures, so he totally missed this embarrassing loss of composure.
Good by Roku. After +10 years and 6 or so devices, our paths shall never meet again.  

0 Kudos
Alyry

I have the same problem

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Alyry,

Congrats on your first post in the Roku Community!

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing?

As a first step, we would recommend taking a look at our Support page for a more helpful FAQ article that walks through the most common troubleshooting steps to assist you. Get started here: Official Roku Support | Roku Device Questions & Troubleshooting

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos