Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Smichik1970
Channel Surfer

Roku remote randomly disconnecting

My Roku remote is randomly disconnecting and I’ve changed the batteries three times. I’ve gone thru all of the trouble shooting steps and still doesn’t work. I keep getting the remote icon on the screen as well. I’ve unplugged, re paired, etc and I have a non working remote. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku remote randomly disconnecting

Hi, @Smichik1970

Warmest of welcomes.

We appreciate you for sharing this information with us, and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. May we know what specific Roku device you are having issues with? Is it a Roku Voice Remote or a Roku Voice Remote Pro?

We hope to hear back from you, and rest assured that we'll assist you further.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Smichik1970
Channel Surfer

Is a Roku streaming stick that’s a few years old. It is not a voice remote but a remote that has the pairing button under the battery cover. Sometimes it works sometimes it does not. I have reset and repaired the remote, changed the batteries, reset the Roku and the remote still randomnly disconnects. Occasionally I’ll get the battery icon on the screen 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Smichik1970,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We understand that you're having issues connecting your remote. We appreciate the steps you have taken in an attempt to fix the issue. We're glad to assist.

Could you provide us with the following details?

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What specific Roku remote is this?
  • Photo or clip of the said battery icon showing up on your screen.
  • When did you start having this issue?

With more details, we'll be able to provide the correct resolution. We are anticipating your response.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Wjoken

Our 4k streaming stick and included remote are less than a month old. Last night my wife told me that nothing was responding to her remote inputs. After fiddling around for a few minutes it appears the batteries do not fit snugly in their compartment. Repositioning them solves the problem, but this morning the same thing occurred and solved the same way. Poor engineering.

0 Kudos
Smichik1970
Channel Surfer

IMG_1231.jpeg

Again, the batteries are fine but the remote icon will appear on the screen and the remote randomly disconnects. I use the Roku app as the remote is not reliable. The remote came with my Roku. It appears to have a light on the bottom and a button inside the battery compartment to connect the remote. I’ve changed the batteries, reset and reconnected the remote and the issue still persists. I have tried everything 

0 Kudos
Smichik1970
Channel Surfer

After using the app as a remote I’m still having issues. I believe it’s the streaming stick itself. Have already done a factory reset and still not fixed

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Smichik1970,

Thanks for the update and for sharing extra details about this.

We'd like to take a closer look into this and see what going on here. Could you share with us the details below?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Smichik1970
Channel Surfer

See my previous post

0 Kudos
Smichik1970