Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku remote not working at all, unable to connect to modem

Hi all,

I’m currently having a lot of trouble with my Roku modem and remote. It was working 6 months ago on and off, it would work some days and sometimes not. It has now completely stopped working. I have replaced the batteries and tried everything under the sun to get it to work. I have used the Roku app to control it but since have moved and am on a different wifi network. This means that I am not able to use the modem at all. I have no means of connecting it to my current wifi to get it to work on my phone and the remote doesn’t work. I would prefer not to spend any extra money but if I need to buy a new remote that’s fine. I have a Telstra tv3 Roku device. 
thanks,

Charlotte 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku remote not working at all, unable to connect to modem

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @charlibraps!

Thank you for letting us know about the remote issues you've been experiencing with your Telstra TV3 Roku device. We'd be happy to assist you in contacting the proper support for this.

Since Telstra manufactures this, we highly recommend contacting their support for further clarification and assistance. They have the expertise to manufacture their own hardware devices, so they would be better suited to provide you with the best possible assistance regarding your remote issues. 

You may reach them here: Telstra TV Support

Once again, we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've taken, and we hope you get everything sorted out soon so you can continue streaming. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.