Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku remote not responding to up or down buttons

At first I thought it needed new batteries so I changed them out but still no luck, I couldn’t move up or down only horizontal. I then reset my Roku remote and TV taking the batteries out unplugging the TV for 5 minutes plugging back in and put batteries in, but still not responding. I have also made sure none of the buttons are jammed by holding the power button for 15 seconds then pressing all the buttons many times. Is there anything else I can do to get it working?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku remote not responding to up or down buttons

Hi @VinceHayman,
Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, but we will work hard to ensure you get the proper level of support immediately.

• What device are you using right now?
  • Have you paired the remote successfully before?
  • How long have you been using this remote?

Please check this support article to help fix your remote issue: How to fix your Roku remote that is not working

Please keep us posted on what you find out and will be more than happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jmcgraw43
Reel Rookie

I am having the same problem, happened overnight, No response from any buttons including on/off. ROKU stick Model 381oX   Do not know if the problem is with the Stick or Remote. NOT Batteries. Have had the Stick about 1 1/2 years.

Please let me know.

Jim McGraw

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jmcgraw43,

May we know what specific Roku remote this is? Was it voice-operated or a simple remote? Also. Have you tried changing the batteries?

Please keep us posted so we can continue assisting.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jmcgraw43
Reel Rookie

Nadee,

The Remote has a Mic Icon / Button. But we don't use.  The Batteries were changed first thing.

Is just the remote? or the Stick. When TV comes on the ROKU screen comes up.

Jmcgraw43

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the added information, @jmcgraw43.

No worries. Our Support team has already been notified with regard to this remote issue you've been having. Kindly keep an eye out on your email for updates from them. 

Aside from this, feel free to create a new thread for different concerns. We'd be glad to help you anytime. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jmcgraw43
Reel Rookie

Thank you Carly

0 Kudos
lucyazul

Same problem, appeared suddenly, working yesterday.  tried another roku remote, same problem; another roku receiver, same problem.  both remotes are voice remotes

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @lucyazul,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you bringing to our attention the issue you have with your Roku remote. Could you tell us when did the issue occur? In addition, have you tried to replace it with a new set of batteries on your Roku remote?

You can check out our support article to help you fix your remote: How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working.

Please let us know what you find out.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mother1
Reel Rookie

Nothing I got in touch with comester service no help, try getting universal remote, might help,or download remote app 🤔 

0 Kudos