Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku remote keeps turning TV on and off when I try to turn TV on.

Jump to solution

Hi @Nigel72,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community! 

Thanks for providing your serial number and informing us about this behavior you have encountered with Roku remotes. For us to better understand, what troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve the issue?

With more information, we can assist you further.

Thanks, 

Anjelie 

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Scuba2321
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Has there been any solutions here??

0 Kudos
Nigel72
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

No, I never received a follow-up response.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Scuba2321 @Nigel72,

A warm welcome, and thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to take a closer look at this issue that you're experiencing, but we will need more details to investigate. Can you please provide the following information below?

• Could you elaborate more about the issue that you're experiencing?
  • What device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV)
  • What type of remote are you using right now? (universal, simple, or voice remote)
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TMacie
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This is still happening for me. Serial number X01700KDDYH9

0 Kudos
Scuba2321
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello, My issues are the same as everyone else on the chat.. this started about 2+ months ago.. I am assuming it started with a software update.. IT ONLY happens on the Streaming sticks. I have 5 Roku's.. 3 Ultras and 2 4k Streaming Sticks.. the Ultras it does not happen with. I am using the standard, battery remote that came with the Roku 4k Streaming stick.  When you FIRST turn on the TV and Roku, using the Roku remote. The tv will turn on and off, on and off.. non stop. Once you push the power button again on the Roku remote the TV will then turn off.. Push it again and turn on correctly. This happens EVERY time.. On both Streaming Sticks.. I have done all the steps.. Re-paired the remote..  Removed batteries and put new ones in.. Unplugged the Streaming stick. (power on and power off), Turned off HDMI controls, update software, etc.. Nothing changes it. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Scuba2321,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you reaching out for assistance. Rest assured that we can provide you with the help you need. Since you've encountered an issue with two of your Roku 4K Streaming sticks, this can be resolved by using an HDMI accessory plugged into your TV and into your Roku Streaming stick. You can order one per device for free at this link: HDMI Extender

Just provide the required details in the link to successfully order the HDMI Extender.

We hope for the best for you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Scuba2321
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hey there.. Thank you for the reply. If you are talking about the little 6" HDMI extender  both TV's already have that. And it did not fix it.. Please let me know what else you might have. 

Thank you 

0 Kudos
Nigel72
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Can you please refer back to the previous posts regarding this issue?  I've provided the details twice before once, to RokuAnjelie and RokuTakashi.

My Roku Remote keeps turning my samsung tv on and off when I use it.  If I just use the samsung remote it will turn the tv on and leave it on.  It's only happening with the Roku Remote.

Previous comments:

I am having the exact same issue as TMacie.

The serial number for my Roku stick is X02500A2EMPF

0 Kudos
mmob

Jump to solution

Been seeing the same issue for a few months. Samsung TV. Roku Stick. Customers have provided details. What's going on with this please?

0 Kudos