Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ksillman05
Streaming Star

Re: Roku remote keeps losing tv power & volume controls

Same here roku ultimate and LG sk8000

Remote loses volume controll randomly

Model 4802x-roku ultra

Voice remote pro.

Ser # x1000en5n58

Sw ver 11.5.0 build 4312-c2

Up time 7hrs 9 min

Device id S0DA22AN5N58

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Ksillman05

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you. We have received reports from other users who have successfully resolved a similar issue by following the steps outlined on this page. We suggest giving these steps a try to see if it resolves the issue.

If still no luck, can you please provide us with the following additional information:

• What brand and model TV you are connecting your Roku device to
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Keep us posted.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Ledoc254
Channel Surfer

Model 4670X Roku ultra. Serial number.  YJ00EL340633

0 Kudos
Ksillman05
Streaming Star

Already done that, its the same exact issue as the other 100s of complaints. The remote stops responding and loses volume mute and power to the tv. When you come up with a fix for your hardware issue you should actually post the fix instead of making your customers jump through hoops attempting to fix it themselves.

0 Kudos
Gebauer

Exactly. Same issues. Hours rebooting and reconnecting. Volume control and power works when it wants to. What a waste of money. Too many alternatives that work. Fire stick, Apple etc. had this 3 months and just a PITA. In the trash can. Never again Roku. **bleep**.

0 Kudos
DW55
Channel Surfer

Serial number SODA22ATRA70. Very frustrating. Exact same problem as all these people have posted. Panasonic TV. Roku remote works for volume and power for a minute or two or five and then doesn’t work. I’ve tried all your suggestions to fix it. Nothing fixes it (other than temporarily). Oddly, I purchased an identical Roku device through a different vendor that we are using on our LG TV and that has no such problems. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
DogearedPicket
Reel Rookie

I posted in the previous thread where this was "resolved" without explanation. It really did go away for a couple weeks at least but it is back with a vengeance. The issue is frustrating, but the lack of recognition and communication about it is what's costing you customers. 

dotZero
Channel Surfer

Hello,

Same issue as everyone else. Just replaced my older version because it was having errors due to overheating. The previous voice remote worked fine. After setting up the new voice remote to control tv volume and power it worked momentarily and quit. Since then I have not been able to get it reconnected. The original setup the music stopped on Vizio code 2. Now it just cycles through and states unable to connect.

I have tried resetting both the tv and Roku disabled and reenabled CEC. And have most current updates to TV and Roku. 

Here is the information below for the Roku team. I hope you can resolve quickly. 

Thanks

ROKU SYSTEM INFO

model 3820X - Streaming Stick  4k

Serial Number X017009646PF

Software version 11.5.0 Build 4312-CU

Device ID S08Y426646PF

TV INFO
Brand Vizio

Model D24h-J09

0 Kudos
DW55
Channel Surfer

Danny R., Roku Community Moderator, are you reading this? You shut down the previous thread saying the issue had been resolved …and provided absolutely no information on what the fix is. How does that make any sense? You are not helping, you are further frustrating all of us suffering from your company’s poor engineering. If it really is fixed, tell us the fix. If it isn’t fixed, tell us you made a mistake …communicate!

0 Kudos
Ledoc254
Channel Surfer

You need to update the firmware for the remote. 

0 Kudos