Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
goudd

Roku remote keeps disconnecting

Jump to solution

My Roku remote keeps freezing. And when I say freezing, I mean no buttons work except for the power and volume buttons. The only way for me to fix it is by pressing the restart button on my streaming stick plugged into the back of my TV, and opening my remote and holding the pair button at the same time. Don’t get me wrong, it is a very easy fix. However it is disconnecting about every 5-10 mins now. And it is getting quite annoying having to get up and restart my Roku every 10 mins.

I’m begging for help! Is it a cord problem? Is it a remote problem? I have replaced the battery’s in my remote and it’s still doing it. I am using my Roku in my college dorm currently, so yes the Wifi might not be amazing but every other device I have on the wifi works perfectly fine.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku remote keeps disconnecting

Jump to solution

The quality of your Wi-Fi connection shouldn't matter since the remote uses its own direct connection to the stick.  When the remote stops working, do you also lose the Internet connection?  Does simply pressing the reset button on the stick restore the remote connection once it reboots or do you always have to go through the pairing process again?  Is the stick one of the models that has the Wi-Fi receiver embedded in the USB power cable?  If so, you might want to try moving it around to get it away from anything (like the TV) that might be causing interference.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku remote keeps disconnecting

Jump to solution

The quality of your Wi-Fi connection shouldn't matter since the remote uses its own direct connection to the stick.  When the remote stops working, do you also lose the Internet connection?  Does simply pressing the reset button on the stick restore the remote connection once it reboots or do you always have to go through the pairing process again?  Is the stick one of the models that has the Wi-Fi receiver embedded in the USB power cable?  If so, you might want to try moving it around to get it away from anything (like the TV) that might be causing interference.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.