Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DLP100
Channel Surfer

Roku remote increases volume by multiples of 2 or 3

It is March 28, 2023 and I have two new 3820X sticks and two new Samsung UN4N5200AFXZA TVs. Both Roku remotes jump by 2 or 3 levels during and up or down volume press. It’s frustrating but not worth going through support for assistance. Thanks for posting this thread as I thought I was going crazy in thinking both remotes failed in the same way. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku remote increases volume by multiples of 2 or 3

Hi @DLP100

Thanks for reaching out. 

Have you tried to repair the remote and see if it helps? Follow the steps below to re-pair your voice remote to your streaming device.

Put your streaming device in pairing mode:

1. Remove the power cable from your streaming device
  2. Wait at least 5 seconds
  3. Re-connect the power cable
  4. Wait for your streaming device to power on, and the Home screen to appear on your TV screen
  5. Within 30 seconds of seeing the Home screen on your TV screen, put your voice remote into pairing mode

Put your voice remote in pairing mode:

1. Remove the battery cover on the back of your voice remote
  2. Remove both batteries from the battery compartment
  3. Wait 5 seconds and then reinsert the batteries
  4. If your remote has a pairing button, press and hold the pairing button for 5 seconds, or until you see the status light begin to flash.
  5. If your remote does not have a pairing button, press and hold both the Home button and Back button for 5 seconds, or until you see the status light begin to flash.
  6. If the status light does not flash, try replacing the batteries.
  7. Wait for 30 seconds while the remote establishes a connection with your streaming device.

For reference, you can view more here: How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working

Does this clear the issue you are seeing? Keep us posted.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos