Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
woodyrich152
Reel Rookie

Roku remote and Bose soundbar

I am trying to connect Bose soundbar to Samsung UN55H6350AF that also has ROKU 4K streaming stick.   I plug HDMI-ARC cable into soundbar HDMI-ARC and TV HDMI-ARC.  The ROKU streaming stick is plugged into a standard HDMI port on TV.  I receive a ROKU error 020 stating HCDP problem.  

Is there a workaround or something I am overlooking in settings on either TV or ROKU?    

My goal is to have ROKU control volume on both TV and soundbar so I only need to use ROKU remote like I did prior to soundbar to power on and volume control.    TIA 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku remote and Bose soundbar

Hi @woodyrich152,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!
We understand you're having a problem with your Roku streaming stick device since it was showing an HDCP error and you wanted to control the volume of your TV and Bose soundbar using the Roku remote. We're happy to assist you. Please check out this support article here on what to do if you encounter a purple screen or the message "HDCP Error Detected." Your Roku remote will be able to operate your Bose soundbar once the setup is complete. The sound settings menu on the TV also makes it simple to change your Bose soundbar's settings.

If the problem still persists, please keep us posted.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
woodyrich152
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the links, but .... been there, done that.  I am hoping to receive a solid "how to " solution.   What settings need to be configured in TV and ROKU for compatibility to work with BOSE soundbar using HDMI-ARC to have functionality of power, volume control using ROKU remote with the 4K stick?  Much like what apparently is avail if I were using a ROKU TV.  I was successfully using ROKU 4K stick as a sole source device with the Samsung TV, but that changed as soon as I introduced the Bose soundbar.  I did have to set TV speaker settings to external speakers.  Somewhere I have read needing to change format to CEC, but doing that the devices are wanting an IR cable installed, which is not possible with soundbar.   

If I try to add device (Bose Remote) to the ROKU remote settings for 4K stick - it only appears to be looking for another ROKU remote and not one from different manufacturers.

0 Kudos
Schatzi23

I'm having the exact issue with my Bose soundbar.  I don't see any comment from a competent Roku technical associate.  I guess they don't have a solution?  

0 Kudos