Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Roku remote “Unable to hear you”

Is there a fix or not?

I liked this function, what happened? Did the current update create a bug? 

Why won't you just answer the questions 

I changed the batteries, re-paired, turned to TV off and on several times, unplugged the stick, unplugged the power, systems update, factory reset; and non of these worked. 

So, what should I try next? 

max_headless
Channel Surfer

Just buy a new remote. It’s evidently clear that Roku has no interest in fixing what’s broken.

Dorothy29

What is the fix for this problem, I have tried replacing the batteries, repairing the remote, changing tv’s. Power on/off etc.  the app remote on my iPad works just fine, it’s only the remote that doesn’t voice prompt feature that doesn’t work.

Dorothy29

Model 3941RX

software 11.5 build 4312-CR

issue ID K2-512-189

0 Kudos
SJMaye
Roku Guru

I have had this same issue for weeks.  This is a Roku Ultra 4661.  I have 2 identical model remotes pairs to this Roku.  One works fine, the responds to all voice commands with "unable to hear you".  I have tried re-pairing.  No luck.  The batteries show a charge of about 50%, but will try fresh pair and report back.

0 Kudos
SJMaye
Roku Guru

The batteries in the remote were rechargeable AAs shown at 50% charge.  I replaced them with a fresh set of alkaline AAs and now the remote accepts voice commands.

Doesn't make sense, but it works.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.