Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
riosprings519
Channel Surfer

Roku player not responding to my Roku remote

i had issue with one of my roku player not responding to my roku remote

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku player not responding to my Roku remote

Hi @riosprings519

I hope you're doing well.

The troubleshooting steps suggested in this Support link might help. Try giving it a shot: How to fix your Roku® voice or simple remote that is not working. Please also provide us with the model number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself.

Keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
DWri
Reel Rookie

Same issue here. Bought 2 Roku Express. 1 set up seamlessly- the 2nd remote does not work- with either device. Tried all troubleshooting recommendations and put new Energizer batteries in it - still doesn't work. How can I get a working remote, without having to return the entire package to Amazon? Model 3930x Roku Express (3930, 3931 series)  

Thanks! 

0 Kudos

I'm having the same issue.  Set-up went smoothly.  Came back a little while later, found system unresponsive.  Tried remote, didn't work.  Unplugged player, plugged back in, still not working.

Roku Express (3930, 3931 Series)

0 Kudos
scoobyclub
Streaming Star

I have occasionally had a similar thing. The main buttons registered because there was that dead end sound you get when you pressed a wrong key but there was nothing on the screen.

I could get past it by using one of the Streaming Service keys. ie the Amazon Prime short cut. 

0 Kudos

Thank you for your response!  I did try one of the "hot" keys, and it doesn't make a sound or beep or anything like it does on our main TV that is an actual Roku TV.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@DWri @schmidty0824 @scoobyclub

Thanks for the posts.

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself. I'll be able to further assist you from there.

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
DWri
Reel Rookie

@RokuKariza-D wrote:

@DWri@schmidty0824@scoobyclub

Thanks for the posts.

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself. I'll be able to further assist you from there.

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kariza

SN: S008325T4Y7Y. Thanks for your help @RokuKariza-D 

0 Kudos
DWri
Reel Rookie

@RokuKariza-D sorry the other one listed above had a working remote (that remote works with both devices). But the device that came with a remote that doesn't work is SN:S0083259N5R4.

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@DWri

Appreciate the reply.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos