Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shecal
Reel Rookie

Roku express 4K+ stuck volume button

Jump to solution

Roku Express 4k+ remote is about 5 months and it’s only used a couple times a week, but the volume button on the side is stuck, if we click and remove our fingers the volume keeps going up or going down, depending on the side we pressed. Remote is clean, no pets or small kids in the home to damage it. 
I can’t find in their website anything about exchanges. The warranty information says up to 1 year form purchase date, but I was not able to find how to return or exchange it. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku express 4K+ stuck volume button

Jump to solution

Did you try:

Step-by-step instructions for returns and warranty replacements | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Did you try:

Step-by-step instructions for returns and warranty replacements | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
shecal
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you! That actually sent me to a link where I could fill out a for and request return/exchanged. Before I was just going in circles on the website. 

0 Kudos
rapid3642

Jump to solution

Hey there, thanks for posting your question, I actually had a similar situation (not sure if its the exact same situation) however, I bought a brand new roku ultra and replaced the roku express and the remote was still either getting stuck going way up on volume or way down when trying to bearly turn up or down the volume.

The roku remote volume works off of IR (infrared) that the regular TV remote uses. I found out that in order to replicate the situation it only happened when content was playing on the screen. If I was on the home screen it would not have the issue happen.

Now that I learned how the roku TV remote works and understood how to replicate the issue I was able to start playing around and finding a solution. The solution was actually 2 parts. The main thing was that I had both the roku express and the roku ultra mounted right in the center of my TV on the bottom of it via double sided removable sticky pad that Roku provides in the package. This was SUPER close to the IR blaster (next to it, and not on top of it by any means but literally right next to it). This for whatever reason made me discover that there was some sort of interference in the signal getting passed to the TV. I moved the Roku to be away from the IR blaster by mounting it on the opposide side of the TV and this fixed the issue for me. In addition, I cleaned the IR receiver on the TV and the Roku remote as the second step and just for good measure.

I hope this helps educate you on the workings of the Roku remote and how it controls the TV as well as best practices on where to mount the Roku to avoid this particular issue.

DaltonJ

Jump to solution

I'm having this same issue on my Express 4K+ and it started the day after we bought it. I can't figure out what to do about it.

0 Kudos
shecal
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku ended up replacing mine. 

0 Kudos