Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jenns7473

Roku doesn't suck but I believe your remotes are forming a mutiny

From what I am reading in a lot of places it seems the roku remotes don't want to comply. I've tried new batteries, the good old rubbing alcohol and qtip clean and even tried an app ( which was worse due to ads). This is a bizarre happening considering its happening to a multitude of people. And there's so many posts I'm not sure what to read and where to start so maybe roku can put an announcement on what to do in big bold letters on its home page temporarily, I'm sure we would all really like that considering we've jumped through hoops before we even came to these posts. Just my opinions and wishes. Thank you for your time. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Jenns7473

Re: Roku doesn't suck but I believe your remotes are forming a mutiny

I READ TO DO A RESTART SO I UNPLUGGED AND WAITED AND PLUGGED BACK IN AND IT FIXED MOST OF THE PROBLEMS. SO I DID IT AGAIN AND I BELIEVE THAT CORRECTED MY ISSUES. TOOK ME TWO TIMES BUT IT SEEMS TO BE ALL FIXED.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku doesn't suck but I believe your remotes are forming a mutiny

@Jenns7473 wrote:

... even tried an app ( which was worse due to ads).

I could never use a phone as a remote myself, but make sure you're using the Roku app and not some 3rd party app.  I don't think the Roku app has ads.

Roku Mobile App - Free for iOS® or Android™ | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos