Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunniegirl22
Reel Rookie

Roku Voice Remote won’t control my TV anymore

Jump to solution

I have had my Roku Express+ with a voice remote for about 3-4 years now. For the first 2ish years everything worked perfectly but then one day the power button and volume buttons no longer work on my TV. I have tried reconnecting it and went through about 50 “TV codes” and none of them connect it now. So why was it connected for 2+ years but now it won’t? I am very upset about this.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Voice Remote won’t control my TV anymore

Jump to solution

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community, @sunniegirl22!

Thank you for letting us know that the Power and Volume buttons on your remote are unresponsive. No worries! We're here to find you the best resolution possible.

Let's try to reset your Roku voice remote by pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. After doing so, pair it again to see if this will make any difference. To fully setup your remote kindly navigate to your Home screen. Scroll up or down to select Settings

1. Select Remotes & devices
  2. Select Remotes followed by your remote
  3. Select Set up remote for TV control

You may also refer to our Support article dedicated to this: Why is my Roku voice remote not controlling the Power and volume on my TV?

Once again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused your streaming. Let us know how it goes! 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community, @sunniegirl22!

Thank you for letting us know that the Power and Volume buttons on your remote are unresponsive. No worries! We're here to find you the best resolution possible.

Let's try to reset your Roku voice remote by pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. After doing so, pair it again to see if this will make any difference. To fully setup your remote kindly navigate to your Home screen. Scroll up or down to select Settings

1. Select Remotes & devices
  2. Select Remotes followed by your remote
  3. Select Set up remote for TV control

You may also refer to our Support article dedicated to this: Why is my Roku voice remote not controlling the Power and volume on my TV?

Once again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused your streaming. Let us know how it goes! 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sunniegirl22
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yeah I’ve done all that multiple times and it still won’t work. Very disappointing. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us posted, @sunniegirl22.

We appreciate you taking the time to troubleshoot your remote. In this case, you can search for available offers on Roku remotes since your remote is no longer under warranty: Roku Remotes

For reference, you may check our support article on Roku devices limited warranty and End-user License Agreement

In the meantime, you can use the Roku mobile app as an alternative to your physical remote. It turns your mobile device into the ultimate streaming companion. Watch hundreds of hit movies, TV shows, and more when you are on the go, directly from The Roku Channel tab, or turn your mobile device into a control center for your Roku streaming player or Roku TV. Not only can you launch channels, navigate the Roku interface, and search and issue commands with your voice, but you can also share personal photos and videos on your TV, listen privately with your headphones, and more.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos