Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Voice Remote won’t Charge

Jump to solution

Hello! @Jainsea3,

Thanks for the post,

We're glad you reached out about your Roku remote issue; we must fix it for you.

Please try the following steps:

• Try with different power outlet
  • A different micro USB cable
  • A different USB charger

We recommend performing a hard reset on your Roku remote by pressing and holding the pairing button for 20 seconds. The status light should slowly flash green, stop, and then flash rapidly. Release the pairing button when this happens, and your remote will restart. Wait at least 30 seconds to see if your remote connects with your streaming device. To test for a successful connection, press the voice button and look for a status indicator on your TV screen.

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
achtwd1130
Reel Rookie

Voice remote pro won't charge

Jump to solution

My voice remote pro won't charge. Tried different USB cords. The green light on the back is flashing, when plugged in. Let charge for over 24 hours and still doesn't work.

Remote model: RC538

Roku model: 3810X - Roku streaming stick+

Serial number: YH00D2592674

Need help.

0 Kudos
RokuBernie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Voice remote pro won't charge

Jump to solution

Hi @achtwd1130,

Welcome, and thanks for your first post here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you choosing our support for the Roku voice remote pro issue, and we are more than happy to assist you with the problem. We advise you to plug the charger of the remote into a different outlet directly from the power source, then restart the remote by holding down the pairing button for 20 seconds (while holding down, the remote light will start to flash. Keep holding and at the 20-second mark the light will turn off. The remote will then restart). You can also visit our support page here: How to set up and pair your Roku voice remote.

We'll be looking forward to your update! 
Kind regards,
Bernie

Bernie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
achtwd1130
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello! @Jainsea3,

I tried all of the things you suggested, nothing works. The remote will not HOLD a charge. The remote I have is junk, I need a new one.

0 Kudos
RokuBernie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @achtwd1130,

Thanks for responding back to us, and we appreciate you doing the troubleshooting trying to fix the remote issue. No worries, we're here to assist.

Please check your inbox since we have sent you a private message.

Looking forward to your response.
Regards,
Bernie

Bernie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dbReed

Voice Remote Pro won’t hold a charge

Jump to solution

I’m posting this here because my Roku model is Not eligible for agent support.

Issue is: Voice Remote Pro won’t hold a charge. When plugged in, the green charging light blinks but it will not charge past 3%.

What trouble shooting have you tried?

A: Multiple different cords and charging blocks. Re-pairing to device. Resetting the Roku unit itself. Plugging in the charging cable to the controller in and out fast before the green blinking light blinks.

How long are you charging the remote?

A: I have tried hours and over days without it holding a charge

Are you using the remote when it's being charged?

A: I have tried both. The only way I can use it now is only when I have it plugged in to a power source.

Are you using the private listening feature or hands free with the remote?

A: No

Did this remote come with a Roku device or did you purchase this remote separately?

A: Purchased separately and I don’t recall how long ago I bought it or where I bought it from.

Voice Remote Pro

Model: RC-MC1

SKU: 3226000888

*Voice Remote Model Pro in the Roku Express Settings is: RC538 however 

Using this remote with:

Roku Express Model: 3930X

Serial: X00400AUH6W2

Device ID: S008299UH6W2

(The software is up to date)

** I did call customer service today however they said that the controller is past its warranty. Though the person helped me to the best of their ability; I find it hard to believe that the resolution is for me to buy another expensive replacement.

Can anyone here help me? Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
RokuBernie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Voice Remote Pro won’t hold a charge

Jump to solution

Hi @dbReed,

Greetings from the Roku Community! We appreciate you taking the time to discuss this issue with us.

We see that you're having trouble with your Roku remote. We are more than happy to assist you further with this issue with the remote.

Please check your email inbox since we have sent you a private message.

I am looking forward to your response.

Thanks,
Bernie

Bernie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jess254

Roku voice Remote won’t charge

Jump to solution

Purchased new remote in August.  Remote worked well and charged properly, but now will not charge at all. I’ve used different cords,  outlets and verified with another device that the outlet and the cords work properly but this remote still will not charge.  Disappointed. Should last more than six months 😞   Anyone have any ideas? Anything else that has worked for others? I looked through posts on Roku community, but haven’t found an answer.   

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku voice Remote won’t charge

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Jess254!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we'd be happy to further assist you with your remote concern.

Kindly meet us through a Private Message as we will be requesting further personal information. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Redkay2
Channel Surfer

Voice remote pro won't charge

Jump to solution

I did that and still won't charge I have left it on the charger for 2 days and still it says 18%. How can I get it to charge