Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Voice Remote Pro won’t Charge

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. The charging port goes right in but no green light and it won’t charge. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku voice Remote won’t charge

Jump to solution

Hey Community,

We're checking in to see if any of you have encountered the following issues with your Roku Voice Remote Pro:

1. Will not charge
  2. Only powers on when plugged into an outlet
  3. Does not turn on or work
  4. Not holding a charge - This includes cases where the device loses charge within a day or two after being fully charged and unplugged.

If you've experienced any of these problems, here are some steps you can try:

• Test with different power outlets, micro USB cables, and USB chargers.
  • Reset the remote: Press and hold the Back/pairing button and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. For detailed instructions on how to reset the remote, you can refer to this support link: How to fix your Roku voice remote that is not working | Roku.

Note: We'll mark this post as solved for visibility and as a reference for other users.

If the issue persists, please let us know, providing any additional information that could help our team investigate further. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device that is paired with your Roku Voice Remote Pro for better assistance.

Thank you for supporting Roku and continued participation in our community.

Best regards,
Roku Community Team

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

43 REPLIES 43
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Roku Voice Remote won’t Charge

Jump to solution

My Voice Remote Pro charges to 100% but only with the cable attached. As soon as I unplug it the charge shows somewhere between 92% and 96%. Why won't it stay fully charged at 100% with the charging cord unplugged?

And why does it drop into the low 90 percentage range so quickly? Is there something wrong with the battery in my remote? Or is the percentage reading on my screen malfunctioning? This is really annoying.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Voice Remote won’t Charge

Jump to solution

Hi @NewUser0585, @Emissary35,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about your Roku remote issues. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

@NewUser0585,

Do you have a different charging cable or power adapter?

To charge it, connect the small, micro-USB end of the USB charging cable to the charging port on your remote, and connect the other end to a standard USB power adapter (like the one you use to charge your smartphone). If the status light does not begin to flash within a few seconds, try an alternate charging cable and power adaptor. Remember to use the Roku-provided micro-USB cable that came with your voice remote for the best results. If you are still having issues, please restart your device and try again.

@Emissary35,

How often do you use your remote, and how long do you charge it?

A full charge takes roughly 3 hours and lasts approximately 2 months under normal use. Heavy Headphone Mode use drains the battery more quickly. Your voice remote can be used while charging, if necessary.

We hope this helps. Let us know how it goes, and we will continue to assist you further. Thank you!

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I don't use the remote that heavily. I don't use it every day and when I do use it I usually get to videos quickly and don't spend a lot of time pressing buttons on menus. I don't use the private listening mode and I have the hands free voice button switched off, both of those things should save charge.

I have an additional issue, suddenly the Voice Remote Pro as well as my normal Voice Remote will no longer work using the CEC function on my TV so that I can control the TV functions without having to point the remote at the television. Yesterday CEC was working for both remotes and now today neither will work. Before yesterday I did not have the Voice Remote Pro paired to this particular Roku, but now that I have CEC function won't work at all.

It brings me to the step "Is music playing?" I answer "Yes" then when the next prompt comes up "Is the music still playing?" I can't even answer "No" to it because that prompt gets blocked by another one over it saying that I've successfully set up CEC. But then when I press the power, volume and mute buttons nothing happens. I have to switch it back to IR mode in order to get those buttons to work.

The prompt of "Is the music still playing?" is being blocked when I try to setup CEC on the Voice Remote Pro as well as the standard Voice Remote that came with my Roku Streaming Stick 4K. Some type of glitch is happening and I don't know how to fix it. I've tried rebooting my Roku using the button press sequence. Home 5 times, Up, Rewind twice, Fast Forward twice. I've also unpaired and repaired the remotes and that doesn't work.

What is going on with these remotes? If I had any hair left on my head I'd be pulling it out in frustration! Please help!

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Emissary35,

Thank you for the quick response.

We understand you are also having issues with your Roku remote that is not working using the CEC function, and we appreciate your posting about this. We would be delighted to help you further.

What is the software version of your Roku device? (You can check by going to Settings > Systems > About.)

In the meantime, please try to power-cycle your Roku device by unplugging it from the power outlet and plugging it back in. You may also check out these support articles to know how to restart your system, update your software, and set up your remote again to see if it fixes the issue.

Let us know how it goes, and we will continue to assist you further.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

It's the latest version of the Roku software. I manually check for updates every day and I just got an update the other day. I've already 'power cycled' the Roku as you say. I explained above that I did the button sequence code to do this, plus I've unplugged the Roku and plugged it back in. I've already removed the remotes and paired them again. Everything you told me to do is common sense stuff that I already try before coming here to post about it. The basic troubleshooting techniques do nothing.

0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

My Voice Remote Pro remote was at 91% charge. I plugged it in for over three hours as it was posted above by a moderator it takes three hours to get a full charge. Well after three hours of charging not only did it not reach 100% like it should it actually dropped, now showing 90%.

The batteries in these rechargeable remotes seem to be flawed or I just got a bad one. No matter what I do I can't get a full 100% charge and it drops down to the low 90% range within a short time of using it after charging. And no I am not using private listening mode and I have the hands free voice off. Button presses should not drop the charge so quickly. This seems to be a terrible product.

0 Kudos
djsfw57
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same issue. Bought a Voice Remote Pro, and a few months later it stopped charging. They sent me another one, and now IT has stopped charging. It has been plugged in for 48 hours and still won't charge more than 14%. The instant I unplug it, it starts dropping fast. There is clearly a problem with this product. 

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @djsfw57,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're sorry for the trouble caused by these remote woes, and we appreciate you sharing your experience with us.

I'd like to know if you've tried different power adapters to see if that helps.

Or let me know if this has been done as well and share with us the serial number of the device where it's paired so that we can take a closer look into it.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
djsfw57
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have tried 3 different chargers, all with the same results. It simply will not charge for some reason. It's very frustrating. The serial number of my Streambar Pro is YLOOGA661522. (I THINK they are O after the YL, but they could be zeroes.)

Thank you.

0 Kudos