Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wrennewest
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Voice Remote TV Controls Stop Working - Potential Fix

Thx for the info! Roku sent me a new remote and it worked for a couple weeks and now it will work for volume but nothing else. Quite maddening! I’ll try your suggestion!

0 Kudos
janety
Channel Surfer

Yes - I've done everything you've suggested and my 2 remotes keep "breaking" anyway. Hd 2 or 3 replacements - all similar.

What mine does is sometimes when I attept to mute the volume, it turns the picture off on the screen, but still continues to play audio. I hit the power button, and the screen pops back (sometimes) and then the mutw works appropriately. Whew. and Ugh.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @janety,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand the remote issues you have. We would be more than glad to assist you with this. As a start, performing a system restart resolves remote functionality. To do this, go to Settings > System > System Restart. Another troubleshooting step we recommend is doing a power cycle. This is to unplug your Roku device and TV from the power source, then plug it in again for 30 seconds to 1 minute.

Please keep us posted on how it works.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
janety
Channel Surfer

oh Kash -

You refuse to admit that there is something wrong with the remotes! I've done all that, numerous times. Each remote continues to break, or as JBF so eloquently put it, loses its mind. 

Your products are flawed.