Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oztrich
Channel Surfer

Re: Voice remote pro won't charge

Well, it's been a few months, I posted in Jan 2023 and March of 2023 about the Voice Remote Pro not charging. I was NEVER contacted by any support person as promised, several times. I left my remote plugged in for a solid 3 wks and "suddenly", it charged to 100% and I havent experienced any problems since...until recently. 

Again, I havent had to charge this remote since MARCH 2023 and this week, I get a Remote level Low warning but it showed at 45%. I plugged it in, several times and it will not charge passed 45%. I really think that Roku's auto-updates are causing this issue. My system was updated the last time in May 9, 2023. I've had the Voice Remote plugged in for 2 solid days now. When I turned the Roku on about 30 min ago, the remote level showed 45% and charging. Now, the remote level shows 38%, still plugged in, still chsrging and sitting idle!

Yes, I've done all the rebooting and re-pairing, different cables, etc, "troubleshooting" steps, which are a complete waste of time, but I did them anyway. I've posted all my serial numbers in prior posts. 

Would some PLEASE contact me? This is ridiculous seeing page after page after page of people experiencing the exact same issue with the Voice Remote Pro.  Either that, or send an update patch like was apparently done before. I really dont want a "corded" remote. 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello Community users!

Thank you for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We are sorry to hear about your Roku voice remote. We are happy to help.

• How long have you been using this remote?
  • Please ensure that your Roku streaming device is up-to-date. Go to Settings > System > About and click Check Now.
  • Have you tried an alternate charging cable and power adapter? Remember to use the Roku-provided micro-USB cable with your voice remote for the best results.

Please keep us posted on what you find out; we will happily continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RN4
Reel Rookie

I've only had this Roku Voice Remote Pro since August 2022. Everything is up to date with the Roku device and I have tried using the Roku-provided micro-USB and other micro-USB with different power adapters in different outlets, but I still have the same issue (does not charge beyond 10% no matter how long it's plugged in). Please reach out to me via email to resolve this issue.

Serial number: X00100PYSJKX

Thank you.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @RN4,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Roku Community!

We understand that your Roku voice remote pro does not charge above the 10% battery status. Kindly be informed that we have passed along your information and concern to the Support team who'll follow up and assist you further regarding this. Please keep an eye on your email since they will be reaching out from there.

In the meantime, your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
oztrich
Channel Surfer

Well, hello, @CommunityModerator!

As previously mentioned in my other posts in this forum, I've done all the recommended troubleshooting tips, to no avail, just like all the rest of the people here.  My Voice Remote Pro will not charge past 45%. I constantly get the "low remote battery warning" in the upper right of my TV screen.

When I first complained about this problem on Jan 25, 2023, on this particular topic thread, it was quite disheartening to see 24 pages of the exact same complaint. There are now "only" 14 pages of this complaint (in 7 mo!). What happened to the previous 23 pages?? I've just read through the current 14 pages of complaints and it looks like THREE people have been granted a new remote.  I'm befuddled how Roku can ignore this issue for well over a year, keep advising people to "use a different cable" and "try re-pairing" the Voice Remote Pro when it's very obvious that NONE of those "troubleshooting tips" have ever fixed this issue. The issue is very obviously on the Roku side. The [should be at least 37] pages of complaints in a year and a half proves that. And there's other topic threads where the Voice Pro Remote doesn't charge AND the Volume Up/Down button and Power button lose connectivity after a few minutes!  I've posted in those threads and never got a response. As an early adopter of Roku devices, I'm extremely disappointed in the way these issues are being handled. I was using Roku back when one had to search for channels and then program them into the Roku device. You almost had to be a computer geek back then to use it.

Roku should've recalled these Voice Pro Remotes at least a year ago! It's outrageous that people are just pushed off like WE have somehow caused this problem or worse, that there's something WE can do that will fix it!  It's either a hardware issue in the Voice Remote Pro's themselves or it's faulty software/firmware updates. Surely, you guys check/test these updates first? I'd hate to think "faulty" updates are sent so people are forced into buying a new remote, especially if their remote is "out of warranty" but otherwise had been functioned perfectly.

As is shown at the beginning of this topic thread, no one responded to my initial Jan 25, 2023 post, even though I included all the relevant information that other people who did not include that info, were advised when their posts were responded to.  @RokuMaryF finally responded after my second post and said my info had been forwarded to the "support team" and someone would reach out within 1-2 business days. No one ever contacted me. After 4 days, I notified @RokuMaryF of "no contact", as she'd requested. At that time, @RokuNimfaC responded and said I didn't get the email that support had sent (very true), and suggested I check my spam/trash folder. I did. There was no email from any "support team". I see from other comments here, this seems to be a regular outcome. But I did receive your reply in my email, so I know it works.

As previously mentioned, after leaving my Voice Remote Pro plugged in for a solid 3 wks (Feb/Mar 2023), it "miraculously" started working again. Charged to 100%. I have not had to charge the Voice Pro Remote until I noticed the "low battery warning"-(45% is low?) last week. Prior to the initial problem that probably started in at least Dec 2022, I rarely had charged my Voice Remote Pro since it was new. I was always impressed at how well the remote held it's charge, especially compared to the frequent battery replacement required on my regular remote on my other Roku device.  I wish I'd checked when it started working again to see if Roku had pushed an auto-update, because that's what I believe could be a contributing factor in this "suddenly the Voice Remote Pro won't charge" issue.

As also mentioned in my previous posts, here are the "troubleshooting tips" I have done.
*Tried different charging cables, including the original Roku charging cable
*Tried different charging blocks, including the original Roku one that came with my Roku device
*Tried different electrical outlets
*Rebooted my Roku device
*Reset my Roku device
*Re-paired my Voice Remote Pro with the Roku device
*Added my Voice Remote Pro to the Roku device
*The Voice Control button on the Voice Remote Pro is always OFF
*Checked the software (auto-update is ON)
*When plugged in, the green light on the back of the Voice Remote Pro flashes but never glows solid. The display will show 45%, 37%, 40%, just random percentages, within seconds/minutes - all while the TV/Roku device are idle and the Voice Remote Pro is still plugged in.

I'll post my information again. It's the same info except for the Firmware version for the remote and the Software version for my Roku device.

**Voice Remote Pro**
Firmware: rtn.4228
Model RC701

**3821X -Streaming Stick 4K+**

S/N: X01700FGUFRX

Software version: 12.0.0 • build 4184-CU
-Last checked: 7-24-2023 7:56pm
-Last update: 5-9-2023 8:39am

Device ID: S09T419GUFRX

The previously (Jan/Feb 2023) reported software and firmware were:
Firmware: rtn.4186
Software version: 11.5.0 • build 4312-CU

Please send me a replacement Voice Remote Pro.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @oztrich,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

Please be advised that we have passed along your information and concern to the Support team. They will reach out and assist you further. We advise you to keep an eye on your email since they'll contact you from there.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated in the meantime.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
shelbynme

So frustrated, my #Roku remote STILL won't charge. Using the cable and charger that came with remote. Light blinks green. Hold button  down and light stays solid and shows remote is 100% charged when it's clearly not. Please help!

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @shelbynme ,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having trouble with the Roku voice remote that won't charge. We would be more than happy, and we'll need more information. Could you please confirm to us how long you've had the remote? Also, have you tried using a different charging cable to see if the issue persists?

Your response would be much appreciated.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Randiqt

hello I also have the voice remote pro that came with my roku ultra which I haven't had even a few months. the remote will no longer charge or pair. i have tried tried several different chargers and everything else suggested on this thread. device specs are as follows:

Model: 4802x-Roku Ultra

serial: x010005ug7sp

software: 12.0.0 build 4184-c2

device ID: s0da22aaug7sp.l

please tell me how I can get a replacement. thank you

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Randiqt,

A warm greeting to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having issues with your Roku voice remote pro. Kindly be advised that we have passed along your information and concern to the Support team. They will reach out to you and follow up regarding your concern. We advise keeping an eye on your email since they will be contacting you from thereon.

In the meantime, patience and understanding are greatly valued.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos