Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Voice remote pro charging

Hi @amlindy,

Greetings from the Roku Community!
We understand you're having a problem with your Roku voice remote pro. We're happy to assist you. Have you tried to use a different charging cable and see if the issue still persists?

You can also check out these support articles here:

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
herewegoinvt
Reel Rookie

Re: Voice remote pro won't charge

I've tried charging my remote and, as of a few weeks ago, it won't charge past 37%. I've tried different cords, charging blocks, and went through the process to forget and repair the remote. No luck. If I leave it plugged in for several hours, the light eventually stops blinking, but the charge remains at 37%. I can now only go a few weeks between charging sessions.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @herewegoinvt,

We appreciate you contacting us here in the Roku Community and letting us know about this remote issue.

Could you tell us how long you have been using this remote and when you started seeing the issue occur? And is this the remote that came along with the device?

With more information, we'll be able to assist you further.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
herewegoinvt
Reel Rookie

As mentioned in my post, this began a few weeks ago (at least that's when I noticed it). I purchased the remote a few months ago at either Walmart or Target. It's not the remote that came with my Roku Ultra, I bought it for the rechargeable feature. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @herewegoinvt,

Thanks for getting back to us. We have validated your account, and it seems this is outside the warranty already. We'd recommend reaching out to our partner store about this and asking for additional assistance. As a workaround, you can use the Roku mobile app to control your device, which has the same feature as the remote. For more information on how to use it, you can visit our support page here: How do I control my Roku® streaming device using the Roku mobile app?

Warm regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
V-rag

I found this answer to solve my problem.. I charged the Roku remote via my PC instead of a regular plug outlet, which resolved the charging issue.

herewegoinvt
Reel Rookie

I accidentally left mine plugged in all weekend and it finally charged to 100%. Strange that it kept getting stuck at 37%, but I'll try your option first if it happens again. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @herewegoinvt,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

Your issue has been acknowledged, and we'd like to assist you further if any incident reoccurs to your Roku remote. Just keep us posted if the issue persists, and we're always here to help.

Wishing you the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mamagwenc

Mine will not charge

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Mamagwenc!

Thank you for raising your concern with us. We'd like to know more about how we can provide you with the best course of action.

May we first know if you have tried using other cords to charge your Roku Voice remote pro? In addition, whenever you plug it into a power source, are there any blinking lights? Kindly let us know to which Roku streaming player or TV this remote is connected. Also, is this the remote that comes with the box originally, or is this a replaced remote?

We'll be anticipating your response, as we are more than eager to find you the best resolution possible. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos