Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Esedarbaum

Re: Voice remote pro won't charge

It was unplugged for two months. Now it won’t charge 

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Esedarbaum,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by your voice remote pro not charging. In order to provide you with the best assistance, could you please provide us with additional details?

• How long are you charging your Roku remote?
  • What troubleshooting process have you done so far?
  • Is this the remote that came with the device?

With more detailed information, we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Pelcher93

How did they help you because I’ve been trying to get them to help me and I can’t figure it out 

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Pelcher93,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by these remote woes. In order to provide you with the best assistance, could you provide the information stated above?

Once we have your information, we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dvandy4898

Have had my voice remote since 2022.  Tonight it decided to not charge.  I took it to another room to see if by some chance it was the usb port I was using and it still did not charge (no green light coming on), Totally frustrating.  

Model# RC701

Please advise.

Dvandy4898

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @KD4MNI @dvandy4898,

Welcome to the Roku community!

Thanks for getting in touch, and we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Could you share with us the Roku device model that is paired with your remote? We'd like to take a closer look. In addition, is this a remote that was included with the device, or did you purchase it separately?

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
texmarke

My Roku Voice Remote Pro won't charge because the micro-USB port on the remote is faulty. For a long time I could get it to work by laying the remote down so that the connected charging cable was cocked up to make the connection. Now it just won't connect at all. My wife watches a lot of TV; I don't. So, she uses the headphone jack, which runs the charge down daily. So, we recharge the remote a lot. The port should last longer than a year for $29.99 a pop. It's not the cable; I've checked that.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @texmarke,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for letting us know about this.

Please be aware that the amount of time that your remote can stay powered by its battery depends on a variety of conditions. This includes private listening as well as using any other functions available on the remote.

You can also use a different power adapter and cable to charge your remote.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gregorama99
Reel Rookie

Hi, I have read and tried all the solutions shown in the forum, voice remote won't charge.
Software is 12.0.0. 
Sn is X01000N8W15C
Please help!

0 Kudos
Valbobal

I found a reply on Reddit that holding the pairing button on the back of the remote for 15-20 second while plugged in with help reset. That worked in our case and the remote now shows fully charged and we were able to pair it again with the TV. 

before this the charging light wouldn’t even come on my remote and the remote was not recognized by the TV, like the remote was dead. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.