Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Purewitz
Channel Surfer

Roku Voice Remote Pro Question

Jump to solution

My Roku Voice Remote Pro seems to be discharging the internal rechargeable batteries quicker than advertised. By my calculations, the batteries will be at 0% and need recharging at 1 month and 3 days since the initial charging when I got it and not the advertised 2 months. I don't use headphones aka "Private Listening", but I do use the "Hey Roku" Hands-free Voice feature for voice commands and voice search.  So my question is, is using the "Hey Roku" Hands-Free Voice feature discharging the batteries quicker vs. if I had it turned off and was using the microphone button for voice commands and voice search? Thank you in advance for any answers to my question.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Voice Remote Pro Question

Jump to solution

@Purewitz

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the expected battery length of the Roku Voice Remote Pro will be based on normal usage of the remote. If the remote is heavily used, this will significantly reduce the expected battery length of the remote before needed into be recharged.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Purewitz

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the expected battery length of the Roku Voice Remote Pro will be based on normal usage of the remote. If the remote is heavily used, this will significantly reduce the expected battery length of the remote before needed into be recharged.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Purewitz
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

What is considered "normal usage"? My normal day with my Roku TV and remote is a few YouTube videos (Normally 2 to 3 per day), maybe one movie if I'm in the mood, and a few new or old TV series episodes (Normally 2 to 3 per day.). I do some browsing at times, but I normally know what I want to watch and I go right to it. So is my normal day considered "normal usage" or is my normal usage of my remote considered "heavily used"? And does leaving Hands-Free Voice Commands & Search on all the time drain the battery more than if it was off and I was just pressing the microphone button for voice commands & search?

0 Kudos
dathead2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I would say hands free definitely would drain it faster because it has to always be listening. 

Roku Ultra 4660X
software-version 11.0.0
software-build 4193
Roku Media Player 5.5.13
0 Kudos