Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaavenor
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Ultra suddenly turns on and Remote Finder starts beeping

Sorry GailyB your PM does not work.  In any event I've sent your requested info to other technicians at their request - none of whom have replied.  

0 Kudos
jaavenor
Binge Watcher

I PM'ed Mary Franco three weeks ago - her confirmation below.  I've had no feedback.  Every time I make a comment - I'm once again asked to provide the same info that was previously sent to Mary.  I believe many others have provided their information.  Is it not about time for Roku to come forward with some information and possibly a fix??

Roku Employee  
3 weeks ago
Hi  Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information. I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you. Thanks, Mary
0 Kudos
Kparadine
Channel Surfer

Judging by the behavior, the issue is the remote.  The fix is a remote that doesn't have the find remote feature.

0 Kudos
GailyB
Reel Rookie

Would love to have a fix to this issue. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

From all reports the issue is some other WiFi device in the vicinity of the Roku, which is sending a signal that the system is interpreting as pressing the Remote Finder button. The first thing to try is moving your Roku (or the other device) away from one another to the extent possible. If it's your wireless router/access point, that's the good one to try to move away.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
_oo_
Reel Rookie

I took the batteries out of my remote since I use a Harmony remote, and I got tired of having to get up and go across the room to shut the stupid thing up.  The Roku Ultra still has the signaling remotes message randomly when I watch TV.  So I’m not sure how that can be “caused by the remote”.

0 Kudos
MrPastrami
Reel Rookie

Update for me after experiencing this issue.

I submitted a support ticket to Roku.  After a few troubleshooting steps (restarting, factory reset, etc), the problem still wasn't solved.  I was then asked to ship my Roku Ultra in for a warranty replacement.

After receiving the new unit, I have had zero issues.  So it may indeed be a hardware issue (not present on all Roku Ultras).

Good luck, everyone.

0 Kudos
jaavenor
Binge Watcher

Thank you.  You are lucky!  I've submitted complaint after complaint and when asked, submitted all the data on my device - with their promises they would be back to me.  It has not happened and I continue to experience the problem.  I purchased my device last November.  I wonder if it is still under warranty?  Glad you had success.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@jaavenor

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

I have passed along your concerns to the Support team. They will reach out and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
_oo_
Reel Rookie

With the batteries out of the remote (to stop any unnecessary noise), I used the "bee-doop" sound the Roku makes to see when the remote finder button gets triggered.  There's a definite click to the button as though it should not be activated until it is physically pressed in a bit, but I noticed the Roku makes the sound when the button is just barely touched as well as when it is pressed in.  I picked it up and smacked the **bleep** out of it on the palm of my hand to try and seat the button as far out as possible, and so far it hasn't activated on it's own (while I've been watching, because I still left the batteries out of the remote).

0 Kudos