Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Foeclan
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Ultra - Volume glitch after some time - Volume glitched high or low and distorted

I have 2 Roku Ultras (4660X) and 2 Roku Expresses (3900X), all of them do this.

It happens with every streaming service (Disney+, Hulu, Netflix, Max, Paramount+, Peacock, Prime Video).

It does not happen when I use those same services on my Samsung TV or on my Playstation 4 or 5.

It's been happening for over a year, and no, restarting does not help.

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra - Volume glitch after some time - Volume glitched high or low and distorted

Hi @Foeclan,

Thanks for keeping us updated here in the Roku Community!

Have you tried removing the affected channel and then reinstalling it? In some cases, that resolves the issue. Make sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. Here are the steps you can follow:

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
    • Note: If you remove a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription before seeing the Remove Channel option. For help identifying this type of subscription channel, read the detailed article about removing a channel.
  2. Restart your Roku device: If reaching the power cord to unplug your Roku device is inconvenient, you can restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > PowerSystem Restart > Restart. (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Reinstall the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.
    • Note: If you add a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must re-subscribe.

Let us know how it goes this time.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Foeclan
Reel Rookie

This has happened with any streaming service I've added over the past year, so they were already fresh installs.  I'm not deleting and reinstalling every service I have, restarting in between them, for an 'in some cases' workaround.  Show me an actual fix for what seems to be a widespread problem and I'll be more amenable.

ccrakes

I am experiencing the same issue with distorted volume. 

all suggestions produced by the responding moderators have been tried, and do not work.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, Community users.

Thanks for flagging this to us.

We'd like to collect more information regarding this so it can be reviewed and addressed by our team. Kindly provide the following details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jweisneck
Binge Watcher

No video, but there is sound

In a different problem (volume distorted/low), I was provided with how to collect information.  Note, this would be great to provide to everyone.

Using Xfinity and Max application (I didn’t try other apps), I would select a video to be played.  I could hear the sound, but there was no picture.  There was a flashing line on the left side of the screen.  If I used rewind or fast forward, I could see what should have been displayed.

I can not attach the video or screen captures (I am using an Apple iPad).  Please send me an email so I can reply with them.

0 Kudos
Jweisneck
Binge Watcher

Re: No video, but there is sound

I had to unplug the Roku to resolve the problem.  This still needs to be addressed!

How do I add a video (.mov format)? My original post, I was unable to upload the pictures, but I was now able to.

IMG_3278.jpegIMG_3277.jpeg

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No video, but there is sound

Hi @Jweisneck,

Thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

Please be advised that we have passed along this information to the appropriate Roku team. We're aware of the situation, and we are still investigating the issue for a resolution.
In the meantime, your patience and understanding are very much valued.
Best regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
swrvn28

SAME PROBLEM WITH STREAMING STICKS.  I NEVER HAD AN ISSUE, THEN SUDDENLY FOR THE PAST YEAR OR SO THE VOLUME DROPS LOW AND IS GARBLED FOR A VARYING AMOUNT OF TIME AND THEN AT SOME POINT COMES BACK, THEN REPEATS.  I HAVE 3 ROKU STREAMING STICKS AND THE SAME THING HAPPENS ON ALL OF THEM.  USED TO WORK FINE, NOW THEY ALL GOT THE SAME PROBLEM.  DOING A SYSTEM RESTART EVERY TIME YOU ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF WATCHING SOMETHING IS NOT A SOLUTION.

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @swrvn28,

Congrats on your first post in the Roku Community!

We'd like to know more about the issue you are experiencing. When did the issue start? Does the issue occur while you are streaming on a specific channel or while you are in the Home screen scrolling?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos