Remotes

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hlyswlt
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra Voice Remote "Doesn't Understand" Anything I Say

Jump to solution

We just bought the Roku Express+ today and when trying to change the volume it states it's unable to do so. Why won't it work?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Did you program your tv brand in? 

settings> remote & devices> remote in use> program tv> follow prompts

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
CMH
Level 7

Jump to solution

Why is the consumer expected to replace the defective remote?

Texas48
Level 7

Re: Voice search not working

Jump to solution

My remote pro microphone does not work  Rebooted my network and turned TCL 65 in tv off , repaired the remote and tells me Unable to hear you” . The app on my iPhone does work. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Texas48

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend checking out the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How to resolve issues with your Roku® simple remote or Roku voice remote

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Vaun
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same issue - is there a fix?  Rebooting re-pairing, etc. didn't work.  Re-pairing did fix the find my remote feature which broke around the same time.  This is pretty clearly an update issue if this many of us have the same problem w/the Roku ultra's voice commands.

RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @Vaun,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know all troubleshooting that you've done and we'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into related to your Roku voice command. Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? 

Can you also please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? 

Here's a link to our support page to find out more about the feature: How to use voice to search and control your Roku® device | Official Roku Support 

Please keep us posted.
Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos