Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
English638
Reel Rookie

Roku Ultra 4k remote volume quits working

I have multiple Roku 4k ultra remotes managing several Samsung TV's of various age. When I set up the TV's with the remote everything works fine. After a day or two volume buttons on the Roku Remote stops working. All other functions including on/off work. Sometimes if I hit the mute button on/off volume up/down will work again. I can setup the remote again (have done it many times) and it will work for a day but I should not have to do this. This is happening on 3 of my 5 remotes. Anyone having the same issue or know of a potential fix??

Even if I stand right in front of the TV volume will not work. The remotes are charged so thats not it either.

Thanks

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra 4k remote volume quits working

Hi, @English638 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community

We acknowledge your concern regarding the Roku remote remote you've encountered. Kindly check your inbox here in the Roku Community by navigating to the upper right corner of your browser interface on the "Mail" icon since we've reached you from there as we'll assist you further regarding this.

We hope to hear back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
Carla4
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Carla4,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Could you tell us more about the issue you're running into? We'd like to know more about how we can help. In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Loriem09

I'm having the exact same issue. I've done the same thing, tried muting and unmuting that works for a while and I've reset the remote.  It works temporarily and then stops.  

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @Loriem09,

We're so happy you've joined us here in the Roku Community!

Thank you for reaching out to us. We're pleased to assist.

If your Roku Simple remote or Roku Voice remote is not working as expected, you can find troubleshooting tips for common issues, including how to pair and restart your voice remote. How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
English638
Reel Rookie

So as an update, I am still having the issue after trying to pair/unpair my remotes. I have noticed a few very strange things for example when volume keys are not working I sometimes can turn volume leveling on/off and volume will work again for about 5 minutes then stop. Another strange occurrence when I go to re-setup my remote while volume not working when it asks do you still hear music which I was I accidentally hit the volume button and the music I heard  during setup would go up and down. Sometimes after setup volume works sometimes not. I have tried to utilize other setup #'s by saying I still hear music when I dont, no luck. Also I use Spectrum app for live TV, when volume fails while watching Live TV on Spectrum if I go to Roku Channel Live TV it works? Other Apps like Prime, Disney, Netflix volume does not work.

Typically the time it takes to fail again is not consistent 3 - 15 minutes. This is not just one remote but all of the Voice Pro remotes I have.

Please Help

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @English638,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the Roku remote. We're happy to assist you further. Please check out this support article here on why my Roku voice remote is not controlling the power and volume on my TV.

Let us know how it works.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
English638
Reel Rookie

Final Update - I have found a solution although clunky but easier than re-pairing/re-setting remote. If you hit the * key on the remote and go into the volume mode setting then select volume leveling you can then press the volume up/down/mute buttons and the volume functions for the TV will work again. This is temporary solution as they will quit working again after awhile. You can go back into volume mode again to fix volume keys.

This means it is not a problem with my setup/paring but a software issue Roku needs to fix as its happening to all my remotes.

Hope this helps others.

0 Kudos