Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JasonGael

Roku TV setup without remote

I don’t have the original remote and a really factory reset the TV and now I can’t get through set up. How can I do it without a remote or how can I use my Xfinity remote on the TV when it’s in setup mode help

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku TV setup without remote

Hi @JasonGael,

Welcome, and thanks for reaching out here at the Roku Community!

A functioning remote is necessary for the initial setup of Roku TVs and devices. Please be advised that the remotes supplied by the manufacturers of Roku TVs are unique and operate by using infrared (IR) signals, so they should only work when pointed at the TV. For this, we would recommend purchasing a functioning, simple Roku remote for your TV. You can browse for a compatible Roku remote here.

Additionally, our Roku app remote feature would work as an alternative only if the device had been set up on the same network as yours. This will not be possible without going through the process of initializing your device.

For further clarifications or inquiries, please let us know.

Sincerest thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku TV setup without remote

@JasonGael 

If your xfinity remote has tv device and it's programmable, try tv codes under Admiral, Dynex, or Sansui to control your Roku tv and set it up. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos