Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
angrybunny
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Streaming Stick+ Remote Batteries Draining Fast

Their solution is total b.s. it doesn't work.  I attempted their solution, and it actually made the batteries drain faster. I bought a second device, it's only been installed since January 29th, of this year, and it now needs the batteries replaced.  Who's getting kickbacks from the battery companies?

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @angrybunny 

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you.

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. This can be found at the back or underneath the player itself. We'll be able further to assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

"We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you.

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. This can be found at the back or underneath the player itself. We'll be able further to assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza"

This is the same exact automated response that Roku has been regurgitating for years in regards to this issue. The moderators here just spit out this same exact line at everyone when they complain about the remote battery issues. Roku and the moderators know fully well they aren't helping anyone by asking for serial numbers. It doesn't matter what your device specific information is, sending you a replacement remote doesn't fix the issue because they are all the same, completely flawed!

I'm starting to think this is just a game Roku is playing with us and they are somehow in cahoots with battery companies to purposely drain batteries fast to keep customers buying more. I'd like to know how much of a percentage Roku makes each time customers by more batteries. If it isn't that then it's complete ignorance and incompetence by Roku to still not fix this issue.

Everyone that has this issue look forward to getting the same exact responses pasted from the Roku mod help script. Get your serial numbers ready! As if it will fix anything!

0 Kudos
Austin_60

Okay so I guess I'm not the only one with a battery issue. I have put 3 sets of new batteries into my remote within 5 days. Last night I took a new pair of batteries and tested them with a Multi-Meter and they are absolutely new with a full charge. Watched TV for about 2 hours, then the remote stopped working! So I know it's not having put in old batteries. There or more than enough complaints on this forum to tell me and anyone else that WE are NOT the problem. Did the recommended RESET and still no help. After reading 2 pages and dozens of similar complaints (and there were still more pages I didn't bother to read), I didn't see any comments from people saying that any FIXES actually worked? So what now? On a footnote I also noticed that some of these complaints got back as far as 2020, my Roku was purchased in February 2023. Seems like more than enough time to have sorted this out? 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @Austin_60

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Our support team will further assist you regarding your remote battery drain issue. Please reply here with the serial number of your Roku device associated with the affected remote so we can proceed. It can be found at the back of the player itself.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos