Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wargust

Roku Streaming Stick+ Remote Batteries Draining Fast

I bought a Roku Streaming Stick+ (Model 3810RW) about 3 months ago.  Right out of the box, it has been draining batteries quickly. It should be noted that this remote does not have the headphone feature.  I followed the advice to plug it into a wall outlet and that did slow down the drain but the remote still drains the batteries in about 3 weeks vs. 1-2 weeks (my Roku Streaming Stick (original one) on my other TV has had the same batteries for over a year).  Recently I read a February 2021 post from Danny R., Roku employee, saying that they have posted an update to fix the problem.  The update required a system restart.  I did the restart yesterday and put in fresh batteries.  Within one day, my batteries have drained by 10%!!!!!  I see that the Roku employees who monitor this forum ask to have a PM sent with the Serial Number, etc. but I cannot find how to send a PM.  Help!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
34 REPLIES 34
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Streaming Stick+ Remote Batteries Draining Fast

Click on the user name. View the profile. Scroll down to the “Send a private message” button. 

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
LD33

I have the same problem with all my new Stick+. They drain the batteries in a week. I don't have it with my other Roku devices. Is there a good answer for this problem? Thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @LD33,

Thanks for reaching out regarding the issue you are experiencing.
We suggest performing a system restart from your Roku device. This will update your remote to the latest version. This can be done by navigating to Settings > System > System Restart. After you perform the system update, continue to use your device as normal and monitor the remote battery percentage listed under Settings > Remotes > About. Additionally, if you had moved your Roku device power source to a wall outlet to help address this problem, you may now reconnect the USB cable to your TV's USB port if preferred.
If you are unable to resolve the issue, please send me a private message with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
NC1
Binge Watcher

My Roku ultra is still killing the batteries in no time  Apparently the ‘fix’ is the new remote with rechargeable batteries that’s out now? I just received email today. 

0 Kudos
Ghostpeppr
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue. I have the streaming stick plugged into the wall and the remote is draining the batteries within 2 weeks time. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @Ghostpeppr

Thanks for the post.

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku devices associated with the affected remotes. It can be viewed by navigating to Settings > System > About.

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Oldtimeuser
Reel Rookie

I am having the same problem as everyone else with battery drain on several of the streaming sticks I have.  I have nine Roku devices, and I think the old ones are the most reliable. Tried every fix posted. No help and nothing works. Frankly, for me these sticks have never worked correctly from the start. Anyone having problems with the sticks heating up?  Mine all get hot, and I wonder if this isn’t a remote problem, but a problem with the sticks. Their fix for the hot sticks- they sent a cord to get the stick away from the tv… really?

Why should we all have to post this private system information publicly to get help? Please have the support team contact me via email so I can send any required information privately.

I also find it very interesting that I don’t see anyone posting “…I did what they asked and they fixed it!”  if anyone has had them fix this issue I would appreciate hearing about that. I doubt there is a fix, but we’ll see. Thanks 

Ghostpeppr
Reel Rookie

My Roku Streaming Stick Model: 3810X, Serial: YH00F0735568  Still going through batteries every 9 days and all of the firmware is up to date.

0 Kudos
avalinag
Reel Rookie

I have tried everything and ever since a couple months ago my batteries are draining faster and faster now within 1 to 2 days. I have the enhanced remote how do I get help. I can use my phone as a remote but the remote should not do this. I have had this roku for almost a year now and this has never happened. My other rukus are working fine. What do I do?

0 Kudos