Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SpacecoastED
Reel Rookie

Roku Remote no longer controls my optical only ZVOX 555 soundbar

Jump to solution

For the past THREE years, my Roku remotes, Streaming Stick + (2018), and Ultra (2020) were able to control my old optical only ZVOX 555. Approximately three weeks ago I lost this feature. I know about the software update but I've lost no control over my Sony TV. The ZVOX has an IR learning function for remotes and works with Roku devices. When I disconnect the power to my Roku Ultra, the remote will again control the soundbar's volume. As soon as I apply power to the Ultra, the infrared signal from the Roku to the ZVOX is lost. Is there a way to keep the Ultra from hijacking the remote's infrared signal?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Remote no longer controls my optical only ZVOX 555 soundbar

Jump to solution

I'm amazed it ever worked. Roku has always stated that the IR control function of the remotes only worked on TVs. As to the Ultra altering the function of the IR portion of the remote, I don't think it's supposed to do that. Since all of mine use CEC to control the TV volume, I've never used the IR portion of the remotes. But I'm not aware of any setting within the Roku menu to control that.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Remote no longer controls my optical only ZVOX 555 soundbar

Jump to solution

I'm amazed it ever worked. Roku has always stated that the IR control function of the remotes only worked on TVs. As to the Ultra altering the function of the IR portion of the remote, I don't think it's supposed to do that. Since all of mine use CEC to control the TV volume, I've never used the IR portion of the remotes. But I'm not aware of any setting within the Roku menu to control that.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos