Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sonnyncher
Binge Watcher

Roku Remote Control Will Not Work, Unable to Sync

Jump to solution

Roku Serial Number, YG00DH988102.

I purchased this in 2019.

Remote control was fine, now it will not work. I changed the battery, made sure they are seated properly.

I unplug and unplug my Roku, but the remote has no effect.

I don't have the enhanced remote where there is sync button. 

Please help!!!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Remote Control Will Not Work, Unable to Sync

Jump to solution

@sonnyncher

Thanks for the post.
Please be aware that your device is no longer under warranty. If you need a replacement remote for your Roku device, you can purchase a compatible remote on our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories
For more information about our device warranty, visit our Support page here: Player warranty and license agreement

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@sonnyncher wrote:

I don't have the enhanced remote where there is sync button.

If there is no pairing button then this is a direct line-of-sight infrared (IR) remote. 

Troubleshooting an infrared (IR) remote:
• Of course, make sure you have good batteries installed.
• Be sure the front face of your Roku is viewable and facing your viewing location.
• Make sure there is nothing blocking the direct line between you and the Roku.
• Check for interference with the IR signal -- some fluorescent lights may interfere, as can direct sunlight.
• You can check if the IR signals are being sent in the first place by pointing your remote at a digital camera, even one build into a phone or tablet, and pressing some remote buttons.  If the remote is sending signals you should see them flash on the camera view screen.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
sonnyncher
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Still doesn't work 😞

How to get replacement remote?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@sonnyncher

Thanks for the post.
Please be aware that your device is no longer under warranty. If you need a replacement remote for your Roku device, you can purchase a compatible remote on our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories
For more information about our device warranty, visit our Support page here: Player warranty and license agreement

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos