Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Registeel
Channel Surfer

Roku Premiere+ will not pair with remote

My Roku Premiere+ no longer pairs with its original remote.  I tested a different remote from a different identical unit and it did not work so I know the remotes are not the issue.  They both enter pairing mode (blinking green light) without issue.

Any one have any ideas or is the Roku busted?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Premiere+ will not pair with remote

Hi @Registeel,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the Roku remote since it was not pairing with your Roku device. We're happy to assist you further. Please check out this support article here on how to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working.

We hope this helps, and please keep us posted if you need anything else.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                            John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Registeel
Channel Surfer

I already checked everything that your link asks me to do.  As I mentioned in my original post, I ruled out the remotes because I tried a different one from a different identical unit and it was not able to pair.  I paired both of the remotes to the other identical Roku Premier+ unit with no issues.

I believe the Roku Premiere+ unit itself is faulty.  Is there anything that can be done?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Registeel,

Thank you for the update!

We will be glad to assist you even more. Could you send us a photo of your Roku remote?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                      John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Registeel
Channel Surfer

Here is the picture of the remote.20240320_235610559_iOS.jpg

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Registeel, only voice remotes require pairing.  Your remote isn't a voice remote and either works or it doesn't.  You can see whether the remote is transmitting anything by pointing it at a digital camera like the one in your phone and pressing a button.  If it's working, you should see a flash on the camera's screen, but since you said the remote works on a different device then it sounds like the remote is working.  It's possible, although rare, that the IR receiver in the Roku device has failed.  If that's the case and your device isn't still under warranty then you can use the mobile app as a remote or purchase a voice remote.

Roku Mobile App - Free for iOS® or Android™ | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos