Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JChurch82

Roku Express Remote Not Working

I purchased the Roku Express on 5/16/22 and I went to set it up and it all started out good with it coming up wanting to log into my wifi. I selected my wifi and it got to the password screen and that is as far as it got. The remote would not work after that. I put other brand new batteries in it and still nothing. I reset the roku and turned the tv off and on. I switched the cables around but I know that it is not the device but the remote because the roku loads on the tv but there is nothing I can do to get the remote to work. I tried the whole putting my cellphone up to it and see if I see a light but still nothing. I am very disappointed that I cannot use this brand new device because of the remote. Is there a way that I could have a new remote sent out to replace this one? I see many others having the same issue as I am having with this same unit.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express Remote Not Working

@JChurch82 wrote:

... I tried the whole putting my cellphone up to it and see if I see a light but still nothing....

If you bought the device locally, take it back and exchange it.

If you bought it online, or if the retailer won't exchange it, start a return. They probably won't simply replace the remote, but the entire package. Verify that with whoever reaches out to you after you submit the request.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

JChurch82

Re: Roku Express Remote Not Working

Thanks! I actually bought it right from the Roku site. 

0 Kudos