Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Odensword

Roku Express Remote Comes Broken 3 in a Row Amazon Scam

Bought one Roku Express the Remote Worked So I Purchased Another For A Different TV.  That one Started the Calamity! Remote Just Don’t Work ! So I Returned it to Amazon and they Sent Me Another within 1 Day : Remote Broken Again : Frustrated about that I tried yet another return ( Amazon Said No) ZI have to take it to a large center 10 miles Away ( I Said No ) So here I am with Another Broken Remote Obviously Roku has a Quality Control Problem.    Roku will you Please Exchange this Remote or Send Me New One?      P.s. I’m happy with my Roku TV and Two Roku Expresses that I owned Prior to your Company Failure To Sell A Good Working Product.   Thank you for all my Troubles! Quality Control Needs Refurbishing. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Express Remote Comes Broken 3 in a Row Amazon Scam

Hi @Odensword 

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

We'd be more than happy to assist you with your remote issues.

Have you tried to unpair the old remote that is connected to that TV before pairing the new one?

In addition, may we know what type of Roku remote you recently purchased?

Here's our Support link to help you recognize your new remote: What type of remote does my Roku device use?

We are looking forward to your response so that we may be able to provide you with an accurate resolution. Thanks!

All the best,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

@Odensword 

Any IR remote sold on Amazon is not a Roku official remote, they're  all aftermarket  remotes made someone other than Roku. The only true Roku remotes sold on Amazon are the $19.99 voice remote and $29.99 voice pro. 

Only Roku sells the simple Roku IR remote for $14.99. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Odensword-

To be sure we understand...

Were you returning complete Express units to Amazon and receiving complete new ones in return, or returning just the remotes and getting replacement remotes?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos