Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
A1955Harley
Reel Rookie

Roku Express 4k+ Remote Volume & Sound System Control Stopped Working

On or about Dec 20 when it received the last software update my Roku Express 4k+ volume and sound system control of volume stopped working. The Express also seems to stay on all the time (the light is on constantly now) previously it would stay on a few seconds after the TV shut off and the light would go out. 

Before the software update the remote would turn on the TV when any of it's buttons was hit. It also would turn on the sound system and control the volume of the sound system and or the TV itself. It now does none of this. Nothing was changed in regards to wiring or a change in the setup. It also sometimes will not turn on the TV???

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Rocks4
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Express 4k+ Remote Volume & Sound System Control Stopped Working

I’m having the same issue! I will go to settings, system, remotes, and do everything that I’ve been told to do and then I can use the volume, mute and the power button until I go to an app/channel and then it stops working and I have to do the process over again. I bought these brand new a few months ago and having this issue is very frustrating.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @A1955Harley !

It is highly appreciated that you have brought this to our attention. We'd be more than happy to find you the best resolution possible.

Before we proceed, may we first know what is your current OS version? You can find it under Settings > System > About. Also, are there any external speakers (sound system) plugged into the same TV your Roku Express 4K+ is connected to? If so, kindly specify the model of it. 

Furthermore, regarding your remote, kindly try to press and hold the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 30 seconds to reset it and then re-pair it right after. Let us see if this will make any difference.

We'll be anticipating your response so we can provide you with an accurate resolution. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Rocks4!

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention. No worries! We're here to further assist you with this.

In this instance, kindly try to press and hold the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 30 seconds to reset it, and then re-pair it right after to see if this will make any difference. 

If the issue persists, kindly send us a PM here as we will be coordinating this with our Support team for further assistance. To send a PM, kindly select my username, View Profile, and on the right side of the page, select Send this user a private message.
Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rocks4
Reel Rookie

This worked, thank you!

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Rocks4,

Thanks for the update!

It is our pleasure to hear that the matter has been resolved. We express our gratitude for your effort and understanding.

Please let us know if there are other related issues that we can further take a look at.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos