Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patricka02
Streaming Star

Roku 4K remote stopped working with new batteries

I've had a Roku 4K streaming stick for a little less than a year.  Upon changing the batteries on the remote, I notice that the remote no longer controls my LG TV correctly.  After I put in ALLMAX AA batteries that I just bought from Amazon, the remote doesn't work right.  If I press volume down, it toggles the TV down to 0 volume upon one press of the button on the remote.  Likewise, volume up, goes to 100 volume on the TV.  If I take the batteries out and put in a different brand, everything is fine.  I'm guessing that this is a design issue in the remote.  What do you think?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku 4K remote stopped working with new batteries

Hi @patricka02,

Thanks for keeping the Roku Community posted!

We'd like to see more about what's going on here and how we can get you started. Could you tell us repairing your remote and restarting your device will help fix the issue?

If the problem persists, please provide with us the serial number of your device where the remote is paired (this can be found from Settings>System>About).

We'll look forward to it.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
patricka02
Streaming Star

Hi @RokuERey

Yes, this is very reproducible.  I've restarted the Roku, changed batteries in the remote and other things, but the problem persists as long as I have the Allmax batteries in the remote. 

S/N = X01700J7MMMK

Interestingly, the Serial Number on the side of the Roku Stick is S08Y4287MMMK

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @patricka02,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

Please be aware that we have passed along your information to the Support team. They're the ones who will reach out.

If there's anything else that we can do to assist you, please let us know.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos