Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carolpodz

Roku 3 Volume won't set up

I have a roku 3 but I can't get the volume to set up on my TV. It just keeps setting up as a gaming remote and won't set up my volume.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku 3 Volume won't set up

There are two versions of the Roku 3, model 4200 released in March 2013 and the 4230 released April 2015. To my knowledge, neither of these players came with a remote that can be programmed to control a TV using IR. Either should work using CEC, but that also depends on your TV supporting that function.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku 3 Volume won't set up

@Carolpodz-

I used to have a Roku 3 model 4200.  (This stupid forum software still lists it on my account.)  A friend in another state has it now.  It definitely came with a gaming remote with the A and B gaming buttons, and if I recall correctly an earphone jack.  I don't recall there being any tv volume buttons.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos