Remotes

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku 3 (4200X) remote intermittant after upgrade to 10.5.0 build 4201-04?

Since the recent SW upgrade the remote is occasionally unresponsive after coming out of standby. The only cure is a hard power on reset. Anyone else have this problem? If so, how do we alert the SW team. Anyone know of a solution?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku 3 (4200X) remote intermittant after upgrade to 10.5.0 build 4201-04?

Have you tried the simplest thing - new batteries in the remote?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

1. The remote tells the main unit when its batteries are low and there has been no indication.

2. The remote freezes only when coming out of standby (intermittently) and is fine at all other times.

0 Kudos

I have discovered what is happening. When the Roku 3 comes out of standby, the remote is still asleep (the home menu on the screen is not highlighted) and the remote does not respond to button pushes (even though the LED on the Roku flashes) EXCEPT the home button. After hitting the home button everything springs to life! I'm not sure if this is new or old behavior but it certainly had me going for a while, especially as this behavior is intermittent!!

0 Kudos