Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobertS70

Roku 3.0 app for Windows lack of functionality

The Roku app for Windows does not allow users to access streaming channels. The app requests a log in for any streaming  or premium channel. I've tried the channel password and get an "http error"  on the password protected channels. On the unprotected channels I get an "unexpected error" message when I use my Roku log in credentials. I don't understand why the app is asking for a password when trying to access apps like Roku Live TV since there is no password required.

The app does work to switch between the devices available and to look for shows/movies and find out where they are currently streaming. It appears the last update on the app was 2014. Is this an abandoned app? I'm trying to use the app while I wait for a replacement remote for one of my TVs.

Thanks in advance for any help with this app.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.